Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Winners ANNOUNCED!!!

Area to post questions, comments, and discussions regarding this annual contest.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 -LAST DAY!! 1/31 11:59PM

Post by JWR »

simply award any ties as they are

some were so close that ties are not to be unexpected
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LOL,

So it looks like that is how we are going to roll.

I will be awarding 4 Golds for Shocked, and 3 for Bishonen and that will be it for those categories.

I am so excited! It's actually kind of awesome that the races in those categories were soooooo tight!

If you guys wanted to do a run off I would it, is a little more work, however, I get the feeling everyone is just excited for the awards! We are shooting to be able announce on the 15th so MTG has enough time to get the awards done. If she finishes early I will announce early again, but we shall see.

So stay tuned!
Jadeduo
:multi
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

JD, I totally agree. Just give the winners the gold. That makes everyone happy and the competition more fun. :-)
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Star-Phoenix, I am glad you are also in agreement the Shocked and Bishonen categories were an interesting set of ties.

Bishonen all three tied at 7 votes a piece.

In Shocked it was a four way tie at 4 votes a piece, Shocked I would say was the most competitive category this year. The votes were VERY evenly spread out.

JD
:cheers
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

The Contest Site on Rubberslug is closed down so that curator names can be added to titles and the winners flagged and moved to the front of their categories. It will reopen when JD and MTG are ready to roll with the big announcement.

Meantime, have a turn at Not the 2015 Anime-Beta Sketch Contest while you're waiting in suspense. This is always a good place to try out quirky new optional categories!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

THANKS SENSEI!

To re-iterate PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not visit the awards site we are prepping it for the big reveal including uploading the awards. MTG is working really hard on them and she is customizing them for each winner, so cool! You guys will see ^_^

I am hearing from her we might be able to announce this weekend depending on her schedule, and finishing up the rest of the awards this week. Then there is of course the uploading and the adding of the results links to Survey Monkey at the top of each category.

In the meantime as well, Let me echo Sensei by saying the NOT the 2015 Anime-Beta Sketch Contest thread is fun and I have been poking it here and there myself.

Go visit it, and let the suspense build it is all the sweeter when you get the results all at once!

Best of luck!
Jadeduo
:coffee:
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Annual Sketch Contest 2014/2015 - Winners ANNOUNCED!!!

Post by Jadeduo »

*SURPRISE!!!*

I have some happy news! Milestogo has finished posting the awards to RS!! I figured why the heck not should I post early, and give more time to the best in show voting?!?!?

So congratulations to all the winners! The quality was epic this year and I want to thank Sensei, Majinuub, and Milestogo for the gargantuan amount of effort in this year's awards! This was much easier with more peeps involved, although I think next year I am not going to be doing both awards... So you guys have some time to figure out how we are going to split up 2016 ^_^

http://betasketchawards2015.rubberslug. ... y/home.asp

Also make sure you go vote for Best in Show which places all the first place winners in each category against each other! Go vote for your favorite! The voting link is at the top of the contest page, voting works the same way! You MUST put your Beta ID in the vote for it to count! I would also recommend that you go in on the RS page and look at bigger images for each piece the winners pieces are all truly amazing!!

Congrats!
JD
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Done can't wait for these results :) .
sensei

Post by sensei »

Thanks to JadeDuo for doing an enthusiastic and energetic job with this contest. She's done Beta a service by drawing in a number of lurkers to the contest, as participants and voters, and so she deserves a long, self-satisfied rest from her labors.

Thanks too for those who supported my entries. I'm very happy that the First-place winners were from series that have excellent art but are, for one reason or another, just not very well known among anime fans: Asatte no Houkou, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, A Tree of Palme. And I was very happy and surprised that another "under the radar" character, Nami Kozo [Wave Lad] from Gegege no Kitaro took as high as second in "Rage," a monstrously competitive category this year.

But it was truly enjoyable to surf through the entries and see some of the art that this contest teased out of collectors' galleries. The "Hanken" category was amazing, as was "Femininity."

Congrats :cheers to all the winners :yay and to all those that did not place :flushie -- there's always next year! :box1: (I think this was the third go-round for my Palme sketch, which I've always thought was drop-dead lovely but has never placed until now. :vict )
Last edited by sensei on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dumb grammatical mistake [insert flushie]
x
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by x »

Yes, results are in!
And I won...well I got 2nd place but anyway thanks again to JadeDuo, Sensei, Majinuub and Milestogo for your time and effort on this. Very much appreciated!

Also, thanks to everyone who took part and voted. It was great fun.

Oh and Majinuub - thanks for that ID on that E'S Otherwise sketch.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yay! Congrats to all those who placed for awards! There were some really great sketches in this bunch! It was a lot of fun to look through them all!

Thanks again to Jadeduo for your huge help in undertaking this contest. I think it went quite smoothly! :D
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks MU, Congrats on your wins!

Sensei! You are very welcome! I was also surprised about the amount of lurkers that came out of the woodwork for this contest, there were of course the usual suspects that also entered the cel contest. There were however quite a few people that entered, that I would love to see around the forum more that would be great!

Congrats on your wins Sensei, I also voted for your Tree of Palme entry it really is the most gorgeous piece and it is well deserved. I am SHOCKED it has not yet won! Third time! Yikes!

LOL the Hanken category, as you know the piece is not posted to my gallery, I think that is true for a lot of the pieces that were entered. The only reason I even have it, is I have a HUGE crush on Roy Mustang... IJS ^_^ Sadly I missed an award by one vote, so maybe next year!

Congrats on your win X, there is always next year, I must admit the field of play was very competitive. I was shocked I did better in the sketch than the cel contest as my sketch collection is smallish compared to my cels... but c'est la vie! Also you are very welcome!

Thanks Rekka! I wish you'd had time to put together more entries Rekka, although I get the feeling your heart lies with the painted plastic! ^_^ LOL the contest was very smooth on the surface, behind the scenes there were a few bumps, because the first contest I did not have a team, and so I had done things a certain way when I was running around like a crazy person myself. So we had a few misunderstandings, however the most important thing is that we got through it and the contest was successful with as little drama as possible. Which I am a huge fan of! /no1

AGAIN thanks so much to the team, I couldn't have done it without you!

If anyone has any questions about the tie breaks feel free to reach out to me I can answer any questions that people might have!

Thanks,
Jadeduo
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Thanks to JD and everybody else that put this contest together! You guys did an awesome job!
This was my first contest. Got a 2nd place and some 3rds (yay!)
Thanks to everybody who voted and congrats to all the winners! Going to do the Best in Show voting now.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

nowherekid85! You are very welcome! And congrats on your awards! ^_^ Thanks for voting in Best in Show!

I'm not sure I did this, because I've been focused everywhere else getting the contest announced and etc. I wanted to thank everyone who voted for my pieces! I am very surprised I did as well as I did, 2 golds in VERY competitive categories, Bishonen and Shocked. And a smattering of Bronze and Silver... LOL I took Silver in Love again! I think I am totally cursed! ^_^ But in the required two years you can bet I might be trying again! :badass

:yay Congrats! :yay To all the winners! Best of Luck next year!

JD
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

You guys did a fine job. It was without drama, and I know you worked very hard, Jadeduo. Thank you very much for taking your personal time to organize these events.

And thanks for the votes and my awards! I really appreciate them. :)