Giniro Game on Yahoo Japan

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Giniro Game on Yahoo Japan

Post by Keropi »

I just want to give a heads up to anyone looking for a Giniro (Silver) Nekoneko game. There's one on Yahoo Japan now for only 5000 yen buy-it-now price:

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n12122141

This was my favorite all-time ren'ai (romantic love) game by far. It completely blew me away. It was an awesome game (although very sad). I've heard of the game going for as much as $140 on auction sites since the game has been out of print for a long time. It comes with both a CD-ROM and a DVD-ROM version of the game in the same box. It has a machine English translation which is kind of hard to understand sometimes, but I didn't have a major problem with it. And it's the only game on our BBS that has a 10 average game rating (out of 4 rating reviewers).

So anyone that likes tragic heian love stories should give it a try. The Giniro story is about a Silver thread that is said to grant any wish...for a price. 8O You can see what happens to this thread as it's passed on from one person to the next.

I liked the music for the game so much that I went out and bought the CD of it.

Just so everyone knows...this is an ADULT game. So don't get it if you don't like those kinds of scenes. I thought Giniro did a good job at holding back those scenes back though. They only show up in very obvious places and the H-scenes are pretty short compared to the rest of the game. Overall I consider this game to be more of an experience than a story. It was a very beautiful story and filled with symbolism throughout.

EDIT:

If you can see the opening movie of the game if you go here:
http://www.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/dawn.htm

and click the seventh picture from the bottom. Three samples of the games music can be found in the three links below that link.