Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kenshikenji
Kishin - Fierce God

what exactly is this kenshin cel?

Post by kenshikenji »

RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

That was up for auction a few weeks ago when that Kenshin Hanken was for auction. A good friend of mine believes this is a studio reproduction cel, or something to that effect :wink:

- RalphVboy
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

The back makes it look like it is one of those "prints on clear plastic" rather then an actual painted cel.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

I agree with lys; it looks printed, not painted. The translation indicates that it's some kind of mass produced promotional item - a freebie for people who bought a CD. My guess is that the quantities were not terribly limited, but I suppose there's really no way of knowing. :shrug
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Maybe it's a chroma cel? Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ranma-1-2-Chroma-Ce ... dZViewItem

But if it came as a freebie with a CD, how many would you say were made? 5,000? 10,000? I imagine after the first ____ cd's, you could no longer get the cel . . . :shrug
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

It says "illustrated sheet like a cel" so I guess that is printed in a plastic sheet.....
Cats rule!
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

I have a couple of cels like that- printed images on acetate. One's from AKIRA, the other from VHD Bloodlust. They are used as promotion for the DVD when it comes out, some stores have these on offer for the first 'X' number of customers to pre-order or buy the item on it's release. I'm guessing they're limited to around 5000, sometimes less.

They look nice but they're not worth much as the closing price of this Kenshin auction sugests (1,600y).