$3000??? Why? dbz cards

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

$3000??? Why? dbz cards

Post by hyelakingsfan »

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /k23451667

WHY SO MUCH?? I need some explanation. Wow, you know how many cels people could get for that much?!?! lol :o
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

They must be rare. :?
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Wow, I couldn't comprehend spending that much on cards. Either they're overpriced or really very rare. I know nothing about those though, so I can't say. ^_^;
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

Did a little looking up old auctions...

The first pic displays 7 cards. 6 of which have been up for auction before, and they ended about $1400. The SSJ3 Goku hasnt been up. Its considered SUPER DUPER RARE. The other 6 SUPER RARES average about $200 now, but has gone up to the higher $300-400 range couple months ago.

The rare/normal sets in the 2nd and 3rd pics go for about 200-400$.
Guessing the seller is considering the value of the Goku card alone to be $1200-1500.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Since Sailormoon and Dragonball cards were released in a similiar format, I might be able to shed a bit more light.

Around 1995, Amada introduced a nifty little machine that would allow you to uncode messages in the back of cards(The SM version of the machine was called "Pokebell"). Cards from the 1995 sets featured these little encoded messages in them. While some of these messages would just give you information about a character, a few of these cards would actually be redeemable for a super rare promotional set of cards. In the case of SM cards, there were three cards(#641-#643) that were released in this fashion. I know of at least one Dragonball set that was released like this as well, but, as I am not a collector of these cards, I can't be sure that this is one of those sets.

Generally speaking, since the distribution of these premium cards was limited(sometimes to less than 1000 copies), it is not difficult to see why some of these cards command the prices they do.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Wow! I have had comic book cards that were like $50 a piece. So, I guess I can see how they can be that valuable (my brother has some very rare basketball rookie cards that are worth that much). I wasn't ever expecting cel cards to go for that much though.
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Whoaa..pricey! I could never ever justify myself spending that much on cards....but as long as they're happy. :)
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

I might pay a dollar, maybe even two. Ill stick with basketball cards, a Jordan RC would be cheaper.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.