YJ layout revision

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Krafty
Custodian of Records

YJ layout revision

Post by Krafty »

At first I thought my recent browser changes and theme updates had caused YJ auction pages to be displayed differently but I assume it's actually the same for everyone across the board ^__^

What do you think of the latest YJ auction item page design?

I think it's quite handy to have the distinct sections for the Description, Payment and Shipping terms PLUS there's more terminology in English as default! Might this mean that YJ (and consequently sellers) will happily trade more with the rest of the world?
lcatino
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by lcatino »

I like it, but it's going to take me some time to get used to it. :)
Killua

Post by Killua »

I guess it's ok. I don't really like purely cosmetic change though. 8)
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

would it help if i told them that i liked the old one better? :(

mmm, I really don't see that english terminology by default Krafty......

What i can't seem to find anywhere is the famous sentence about shipping (or not) internationally. Not that it would mean any difference for me though
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

darksuzaku wrote: What i can't seem to find anywhere is the famous sentence about shipping (or not) internationally.
Yeah - where is this on the new layout?

ALSO (For MyRinkya users): It does not recognize the new auction format when trying to Watchlist the item. I just tried it on a CCS cel and the system saved it as ended on Dec 31, 1969...
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Well if I was only saving one screen pic, the small auction picture near the top would have been helpful. It's easy to include one auction picture with the the top of the final auction result.

I don't like how vertically spaced out the auction pages have become. Saving screenpics of areas besides the top of the page is much more difficult. Completed auction pages were already elongated because of the "related auctions" square to the top of the page. I think the pages require too much downscrolling now.

It's a pain to click all the picture thumbnails just to see what's in them. If I didn't immediately recognize the Japanese auction descriptive text I would check out the artwork photos to see if I could recognize any of the characters. Now I have to click thumbnails which just adds time to an already long daily artwork search check.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Is it just me, or does anyone else think YJ is eerily starting to resemble eBay in some ways? :P X|
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

For me to find the overseas shipping I had to scroll down. Its in the section with all the blue boxes. Plus I had to use a translator b/c YJ doesn't show up in English for me.
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

zerospace wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think YJ is eerily starting to resemble eBay in some ways? :P X|
It is exactly like the new ebay pages zerospace... if you were one of those people who were forced into the beta would see that they are the exact same. They keep changing my setting and I have to keep changing it back saying that I prefer the old ebay layout. I like the old YJ layout too.. Wasn't there something awhile back saying ebay was merging with YJ? I know that seikomon or whatever it is called is out there... it is owned by ebay and makes it easier for japanese to bid on there. I dunno. I am rambling now. :ZzZz:
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Blegh. No one likes change. Does seem like they're prepping for the Ebay/YJ merger, though. I don't like the new organization, though. Too much scrolling.
darksuzaku wrote:What i can't seem to find anywhere is the famous sentence about shipping (or not) internationally. Not that it would mean any difference for me though
At the bottom, there's three sections. "Payment Info," "Shipping Info," and "Bidding/Watchlist" (you can also bid and put it on your watchlist at the top, I believe). In the second section, look for 海外発送. If it says 対応しません, that means no.

But, yeah, I liked the old one better. :(
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

iwakuralain16 wrote:
zerospace wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think YJ is eerily starting to resemble eBay in some ways? :P X|
It is exactly like the new ebay pages zerospace... if you were one of those people who were forced into the beta would see that they are the exact same. They keep changing my setting and I have to keep changing it back saying that I prefer the old ebay layout. I like the old YJ layout too.. Wasn't there something awhile back saying ebay was merging with YJ? I know that seikomon or whatever it is called is out there... it is owned by ebay and makes it easier for japanese to bid on there. I dunno. I am rambling now. :ZzZz:
Yeah, I've been using the MyEbay beta page.. maybe that's why I think it really resembles it. I'm not sure I like the new eBay page or not... it's a like/hate relationship thus far :P .

I have to say, I hope YJ doesn't alter the search results page to look like the new eBay search results pages. Bleh!
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

zerospace wrote:I have to say, I hope YJ doesn't alter the search results page to look like the new eBay search results pages. Bleh!
Amen!
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

I prefer the old layout. I don't like that it is resembling Ebay. (due to the merger I guess) I migrated to YJ to get away from Ebay >_<
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I don't like having to scroll all the way to the bottom to log in and bid. X|