Celga users I could use your help………………

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Celga users I could use your help………………

Post by D123 »

I hope I’m in the right section X| …Ok here’s the deal I’ve been using celga as my deputy service ever since I started collecting, everything was great and they always placed my bid within the last couple of hours of the auction. Now I noticed since they updated there’re site they place the bid in the last 10HOURS!!! :o of the auction :( I’ve asked them in their comment box nicely numerous times and I quote “Hi, could you bid near the end of the auction I know that is your policy but to my surprise the last time I placed a bid it was bidded on very early, Thanksâ€
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

The way to go with celga is to get one of their gold accounts so you can bid by yourself.

Even if they place the bid in the last 2 hours that's more than time enough for your last minute rivals to place their bids and snipe you.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

darksuzaku wrote:The way to go with celga is to get one of their gold accounts so you can bid by yourself.

Even if they place the bid in the last 2 hours that's more than time enough for your last minute rivals to place their bids and snipe you.
I know I was looking into it a while ago but I was afraid I wouldn't know how to use it/place a bid. I would like to get my own account... can anybody with one tell me more about how it works?
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Hey D, I have a celga gold account -- I've had it almost since they started it. It's pretty easy to learn how to place bids on YJ--I'm sure not only are there a bunch of folks around here who can help you, but also Celga can instruct you, too. ;)
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Or... stop using them, and get a ShoppingMallJapan account. Great service.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

EternityOfPain wrote:Or... stop using them, and get a ShoppingMallJapan account. Great service.
There's also Rinkya for that matter. The drawbacks to both Rinkya and SMJ for most Celga users are generally higher fees. ;)

Personally, I like my Celga Gold account.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

You should talk to Celga about the Gold account. I've had one for years and they will step you through all your questions.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I've had a gold account for years too. It's just like bidding on ebay, except when you place your bid, there is an extra field for your password too (assuming you're logged in already). The process is super easy. I'm sure Celga can instruct you which buttons to click and which fields to enter to place a bid, else there are plenty here who can step you through the process. :)
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Thank you !!! /thx :bow2: I will be contacting them hopefully very soon about their gold account
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Yup. Just adding my 2 yen to say, yup, had a gold account since... whenever. Love it! You can bid all the way up to the last two seconds. :)
(gotta leave time for your computer response time :wink: )

I've always had great service with them, and they always answer my questions in a timely fashion. At first, I had to ask them for help with the whole password thing, and we got a system worked out (for when I forget my password, or take too many tries to get it right :emb ), and they sent me detailed instructions as to what information goes where.

You'll be fine with them. :bny
Frosty
Anime Geek

Post by Frosty »

I agree ... the Celga gold account is the best thing ever :) I use if for many years and always was satisfied with it. The best use is in combination with a credit card, so you don't have to care for anything (you just have to have enough money at your bank account 8) )
It's Better to Burn Out than to Fade Away!
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

i agree, if it bothers you then sign up for a gold account. but i don't think you should be angry at celga for bidding 10 hours before an auction. if sniping is the main concern, raise your maximum.
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

I had the Gold Account and it's way easy. When I quit collecting I canceled it because YJ charged a monthly fee. Am I correct that they no longer do that? Because maybe I'll see if I can get that account again.
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I'm not sure if YJ charges the fee ... I kinda think they do, but they don't allow foreign credit cards anymore, so Celga handles that part of your account these days (you are billed annually for the YJ fees, if I'm not mistaken, as seen at the link below):

http://www.celga.com/beta/index.php?page=goldfaq
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

YJ charges a monthly fee if you want to be able to bid over 4,999 yen. Under 4,999 yen, and you can use a free account.

I've heard that if you had your credit card on file by a certain date, you could still have your own YJ account. It didn't work for me, though. X| They definitely won't accept foreign credit cards going forwards, though.