what the...

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

what the...

Post by kira »

ok, i was bidding on an auction this morning that i lost terribly on. though i am a bit crushed that i didnt win, i'm happy that i have money still in my pocket. yeah, i know i'm weird.

any way, i was wondering when you play bid war with another rinkya bidder isn the starting amount suppose to go up?

i got this auction quite high and after it endedd i went to refresh the page but the it was still at the starting price.

uh, what gives?
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

Nope. The winning bidder on Rinkya (in this case) has to pay a certain amount in addition to the winning bid for the benefit of winning so low. Check out the fees section
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

As long as only Rinkya bidders are involved, the price on YJ will not change. That’s because Rinkya is the one actually buying the item/cel. You, and the other Rinkya bidder(s), are really bidding for the right to purchase the item/cel from Rinkya.

That’s why Rinkya only charges you $4 for every 1,000yen over the final price that your last “opponentâ€
Last edited by irmgaard on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Additionally, depending on the item, the winner may also not be able to benefit from the special incentives that Rinkya has (ie. Discount for buying cels).
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Oh yes, Cutiebunny is so right to point out that rather pricey point! :hurt:

And Rinkya is upping their bid on YJ every time you and the other bidder bid, so, if another YJ bidder joins in....
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

well that explains why it never went up. i knew you'd have to pay eztra for going against another rinkya bidder. i just didnt think it'd stay at the starting price.

thankfully no, it was only me and another rinkya bidder. i had a feeling it'd be worse if sonene else was involved.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Does the Rinkya winner pay less than the second highest Rinkya bidder's high bid in situations such as that?
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Keropi wrote:Does the Rinkya winner pay less than the second highest Rinkya bidder's high bid in situations such as that?
Yes, that is possible.

It all depends on how high above the shown highest bid on YJ you, and the other bidder(s), are bidding.

I’ve had it happen a couple of times with high-end Inu or RK cels. When three or more Rinkya bidders want the cel enough to go far above what other bidders would want to bid for it. But usually everyone thinks about its value at around the same price, so, if the bid shown winning is low, another YJ bidder (or a bidder from a different deputy) will join in the auction. When this happens, you will see the winning bid price suddenly jump up from a bargain, to a more expected price level.

But, if only you and the other same deputy bidders are interested… and you fight it out to your own chosen maximum bids… the winner can wind up paying less than the highest bid price of the loser…

And, of course, the seller gets far less than either the winner, or the unsuccessful bidders, would have been willing to pay. X|
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

There are a lot of Kenshin auctions up lately and I think one particular seller is smokin something because the prices are nuts! :OMG
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Goldknight wrote:There are a lot of Kenshin auctions up lately and I think one particular seller is smokin something because the prices are nuts! :OMG
:o 8O :wow:

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Amen, Sistah!!!