Current way to use unique id to bid?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Current way to use unique id to bid?

Post by Xelloss »

I'm really tired of deputy-service in-bidding. I'd really like the final price to reflect what I bid, thus showing the sellers there is interest and encouraging them to put up even better stuff. I'm also tired of losing auctions when the end price is a small fraction of what I bid -- it gives the sellers the wrong idea and less good stuff shows up.

To that end, is there any service right now that allows bidding using unique IDs? Doing it all on my own isn't really an option as I don't speak Japanese and don't have Japanese bank accounts / credit cards.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Karen
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

Celga Gold gives you your own ID you can bid with, but they handle all the financial stuff.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Killua wrote:Celga Gold gives you your own ID you can bid with, but they handle all the financial stuff.
I second this -- I have a Celga Gold account myself. I agree with you, Xelloss, I think the higher ending prices on YJ help sellers to know that the artwork is in demand, and it gives them good incentive to list nicer stuff. ;)

Good luck - I'd guess there are other deputies out there that also offer unique YJ IDs, but off-hand, I don't know any except Celga.

One good thing about a Celga Gold account: no deposits & therefore no bidding limits. They keep a credit card on file for you, and just bill you automatically when they invoice you. I've found this to be the easiest way to pay for my YJ wins, since I no longer have to worry about having enough of a deposit on tap for a large bid. All you have to do is learn how to bid on YJ, and build enough feedback with your new ID (many YJ sellers don't like new IDs, so they place limitations on bidders barring zero-feedback bidders... so it takes a little effort at the start to get enough feedback to get out of that hole). But other than that, it's great! ^_^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

If you have more than one deputy account you can always bid against yourself. :D

I prefer not doing that though. :^^:
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

and i can also recommend you celga gold. It's the way to go. I have used it since they created it many years ago.

Only one thing you need to have in mind, you won't be anonymous anymore. All your potential rivals will know who you are (the current security method of showing only the first 3 letters only helps with ocasional bidders, but not for people who are bidding against you several/many times.... And besides, once you place a bid on an auction you can always see the full name of the top bidder for that auction).
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Possibly useful information about Celga Gold:
http://www.celga.com/beta/index.php?page=goldfaq

I successfully referred a previously non-Celga customer friend of mine for a Gold account last year, without any issues. Then again, I've been a customer of theirs since 2001-2002-ish ... and I started with my Gold account shortly after they began offering the service.
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

I signed up for celga, but their 2.0 site doesn't have deposit information. Their 1.0 site does, but I don't know if it is correct. What's really got me worried is that I e-mailed them a couple weeks ago [edit, ok, it was 10 days, just seemed like 14] asking about it, and never heard back O_o ... I'm really nervous about it now, is that normal?

Editing again... does anyone know their current e-mail? Maybe I used the wrong one?

- Karen
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

The email I've always used in contacting Celga is bustakei@yahoo.com.

Here's the Bidding FAQ, which talks about deposits. I have a gold account, so it's been a long time since I've done the deposit route, so I'm not sure if anything has changed. It used to be 50% bid amount after confirmation.
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

OK, that's not the one I used, so that's probably the problem. I'll try again. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm anxious to get the 2 month trial over with so I can use my own ID ASAP ^^;

- Karen