Anyone know what these "cels" are?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Anyone know what these "cels" are?

Post by kizu »

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w39500870

I like the Usui cel but something just isn't right about this auction don't you think? Where are the sequence numbers? Plus it looks "squarish"/"even" to me. Anyone know what these might be? They claim it's a cel but is it a fan cel, a promo cel or simply a fake? Any Kenshin experts out there?
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

They look almost like those crystalline reproduction cels that I've seen in other Kenshin galleries. Perhaps these are reproduction cels?
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

they look like a really cool set, maybe you can ask your proxy? they don't look like actual production cels
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I saw that one too. I have no idea. I really like the one of Yumi, but it doesn't look like a normal production cel.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Hey Kizu be sure to let us know if you find out,
now I'm really curious! :?
kizu

Post by kizu »

Well I don't think they're crystalline sheets nor do I know of any other reproduction cels for RK... LOL... I'll try my deputy and see if they'll ask.
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

Please let me know what you find out Kizu. I'd love that Shishio Makoto. It's a very nice and rare set if they are production cels.
Last edited by Kata on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

According to seller's description, these are production cels. For the Shishio cel there is a copy sketch. For the Yumi and Usui cels, he has used cardboard, acetate to protect the cels...on closer look, the grey borders look like cardboard.

Still, he should at least show or mention the cel numbers. Best to ask seller for more details.
kizu

Post by kizu »

Well I sent the question. Don't know if it'll get answered. Anyway I gathered the same thing from the translation but the Usui/Yumi really is throwing me off... And that shishio, although it looks like production... I don't see the sequence number (unless it's cut-off in that upper left corner). I really think the seller would put sequence numbers if he/she had them.... Oh well.
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

Kizu: That's one reason why I'm confused with no sequence numbers showing. I don't see it on any of the cels, even though the descriptions mentions anime cels and I don't see anything that says fancels on there either.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I don't think that they are production - the Usui cel looks like the "background" is painted as part of the cel. Plus - and this may sound strange - but the paint coming to the edge of the cel is just to clean and straight. It looks too perfect. I know...that sounds strange, but that's just my thought.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender