Is there any way around "No Deputy Service" on YHJ

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Is there any way around "No Deputy Service" on YHJ

Post by MidniteKitten »

So I reeeeeeeeeeeally want this cel. And I was up and ready to get celga on its ass and fight for it but I did a quick translate and to my shock, horror, and dismay the seller says they will not accept any deputy services! TT^TT This can't be true! Does anyone know of anyways around this? Or am I stuck to watch the Japanese collectors possibly fight for it :( Please let me know if you've ever run into the same problem and what you were able to do if anything. Thank you in advance!!!
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Is there any way around "No Deputy Service" on

Post by iwakuralain16 »

MidniteKitten wrote:So I reeeeeeeeeeeally want this cel. And I was up and ready to get celga on its ass and fight for it but I did a quick translate and to my shock, horror, and dismay the seller says they will not accept any deputy services! TT^TT This can't be true! Does anyone know of anyways around this? Or am I stuck to watch the Japanese collectors possibly fight for it :( Please let me know if you've ever run into the same problem and what you were able to do if anything. Thank you in advance!!!
Make friends with people in Japan who will buy it for you....? Someone's ID that is not a known deputy? How do they know if it is a deputy anyways... @_@ Maybe by the number of feedback?
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

If it's the same seller I think it is ... they even know IDs that aren't obvious deputies. I tried using my own YJ ID thru Celga on one of their auctions just for kicks, and they removed my bid (mind you, I'd won an auction of theirs previously and had no issues with the transaction with this same ID--but this was before their new "absolutely no deputies" stance). Personally, I decided that unless they have something I can't live without, I'll just boycott their auctions. Perhaps if they never sell anything, they'll change their no-deputies policy. :P
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

A few sellers on YJ don't accept deputy services, though its mainly because of a bad experience where a person using the deputy service ends up being a deadbeat.

Some sellers also specify certain deputy services they will not accept bids from (usually celga).
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

beatrush wrote:Some sellers also specify certain deputy services they will not accept bids from (usually celga).
I've been bidding on YJ with Celga for somewhere around 8 years, and I have yet to see an auction that names a specific deputy service in the above-mentioned capacity (as in they mention the actual name of the deputy service in the listing).

There are sellers on YJ who specifically state that they won't sell to a deputy service, however, to date, I only know of one seller that actually says this in his or her listings, and this is the seller I'm referencing above.
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

sad face :( I guess I'll just have to hope that no one else bids and they reconsider, but then I'm pretty sure I know who I'd be up against >o< Thank you guys for all your help. Times like these I wish my friend in the Navy was still stationed in Japan *le sigh*
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Wouldn't hurt to ask the seller. Tell them that you're seriously interested in the cel and they might make an exception. Ahh, the good 'ole Celga days... æ‡
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

beatrush wrote:its mainly because of a bad experience where a person using the deputy service ends up being a deadbeat.
I know of one seller on YJ who states that they won't accept deputy bids, and they used to cite 'a bad experience' as the reason - but it makes no sense whatsoever to me. All of the deps I've dealt with pay the seller even before the buyer pays them. In other words, it's the deputy that suffers if the buyer is a deadbeat. :? They do list an email address for their own 'recommended' deputy, though, and ask international bidders to use it. Did you read all of the way through the auction, MidniteKitten, just in case?

At any rate, I've always had a vague, totally unfounded suspicion that all of this has more to do with the fact they're afraid that a deputy's internal bid war will mean less money for them.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Moop wrote:I know of one seller on YJ who states that they won't accept deputy bids, and they used to cite 'a bad experience' as the reason - but it makes no sense whatsoever to me. All of the deps I've dealt with pay the seller even before the buyer pays them.
That is now. Way back when, this was NOT the norm. In the infancy of deputy services, several of the few out there waited to pay sellers until they were paid by the person who ordered the bid. That is how they got a bad name. (If you look, you notice most of the sellers that refuse deputy bids are not new sellers. They're the ones that have been around for a while.)
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

I can see how that would make a lot more sense for an old-timer who's been burned. The only one I'm familiar with, though, has been selling since 2006...so I honestly just don't get it. :shrug
samiamew
Kamisama - God

Post by samiamew »

If I think it's the seller you're talking about -- I wanted a cel really bad, too -- I attempted to use a lesser know deputy and got 'dinged' by the seller.... the seller wanted me to contact them directly to see if they could work things out with me using their 'so called deputy of choice'.

Meanwhile, my wonderful deputy told me of a previous story with this seller who had the US buyer contact their deputy directly and attempted to charge them an exorbitant amount of $$ for the cel -- waaaaaay over the supposed selling $$ on YJ (like 6x the amount 8O )

The cel I wanted never sold -- I don't see much of their stuff that does -- but it doesn't seem to change their mind -- I guess they think that we're desperate enough as a cel fanatic and that we'd be willing to pay whatever was asked to obtain out heart's desire ... pfffft! :evil:

I may be a collector of painted plastic but I'm still in my right mind most of the time :P
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Honestly, I figured that the reason some sellers didn't want to deal with deputies had nothing to do with getting paid, and possibly more to do with the fact that perhaps they just didn't want the artwork going overseas. Or, perhaps as Moop says, they don't like the internal bid wars that push the profits over to the deputy service rather than to the seller. I'd imagine they have their reasons for not wanting to deal with deputies... and indeed I think it stinks.

I hope you find a way to get the cel you want, MK! :)
chongfran
Anime Geek

Oversea sales/auction issues?

Post by chongfran »

Honestly, I figured that the reason some sellers didn't want to deal with deputies had nothing to do with getting paid, and possibly more to do with the fact that perhaps they just didn't want the artwork going overseas.
This was actually the main reason why sellers will not deal with deputies besides having bad experiences. And, having not want their local art works to liquidate overseas, some art works like rilezu cels have licensing constraints. Some are forbidden sales overseas due to licensing rights. Thus, sellers only sell locally and will not do international sales.

For others, they find it too troublesome for communication, payment and shipment issues when dealing with international customers.

I got burned once when I bidded on an auction without checking what was written on its page. That seller did not want to deal with deputy services and they know it when looking at the email address from your deputy services.

I ended up with a negative feedback on my record. That seller wrote that my YJ ID was from a deputy service and they don't want to deal with me. That really raised a big alarm for me. After that negative feedback, a lot of sellers will cancel my bids on their auction pages even though they did not state that they will not deal with deputies. I did have a hard time though....

Whatever you do, you cannot blemish your feedback page with even a little dot. That's something I have learned the hard way. So don't even try your luck!
[My Hana yori dango cel gallery]
http://fran.rubberslug.com
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

you can contact midori and ask her. that's the only way i can think of you bidding on the auction that isnt through a deputy.