Is it just me or have their been some sweet a$$ cels lately

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Goldknight
RULER

Is it just me or have their been some sweet a$$ cels lately

Post by Goldknight »

I can't believe some of the great deals on YJ these day. Several series! :OMG The awesome DBZ cels that have been popping up on and off lately and now YYH cels! :drool There are several I'd love to try for, but curse watching my spending. :bwall I may have to break my rule. I swore off of YYH and DBZ, but oh my goodnes....... :bwall

Has anyone noticed other series with nicer pieces popping up?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I was just thinking "thank goodness for gallery offers" since YJ seemed to be rather slow on things I collect. But the spring was a good time for several of my enthusiasms. I'd guess that since collectors tend to be very loyal to series or types of series, that when one decides to trim his or her holdings, that would lead to a short-term boom in, say, DBZ but not necessarily CCS at the same time.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I guess it depends on the series' you collect.... I've noticed all the awesome YYH stuff lately, and fully intend to go after some of them :P . But in many of the other series I'm interested in, there's been a whole lot of nothing! X|
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Ditto on the YYH items, but only this recent batch :P I have noticed the larger sketch sets from a couple popular series poping up (Code Geass, Natsume Yuujinchou, and even some Naruto ) :^^:
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

It's everything at once. HxH as well. Just amazing. :OMG

Sensory Overload!!!!! :OMG
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm not sure how things have been going celwise lately, but sketchwise it seems to be business as usual. At least to me they are. A little bit here, a little bit there.

I couldn't say when the last noteworthy era was since my links are all out of order again. I spent hours straightening up my links in March and April. Then my new computer went down April 22nd. I had to organize the same links all over again on my old computer while the new one was being fixed.

Now I'm back on the new computer and the links are out of order again. I folderized them quite well into small compartments, but the links inside the folders are still in alphabetical order instead of chronological. X|
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

For DBZ, definitely. I just saw 3 Majin Vegeta cels close for $550 or less. Whoever bought them got some killer deals :o . Also that seller God_Hand is back after disappearing for nearly 2 years. For those who are new, this is a seller on YJ who lived up to his name. I'll never forget some of the amazing items he placed on there for cheap starting prices(some without reserves!). The most recent one that closed was that sailor v poster cel.
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

Like what other people have said. It seems to depend on what you collect.

I was very excited this past fall and winter at all the wish list cels that showed up. In contrast, this spring and summer (so far) have been very slow. There have been a few things for auction on YJ that have attracted my eye, but nothing that I have been willing to fight for. I do not think I have bought so little in a very long time.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

There have been some really nice cels up lately. But, as usual, when such nice pieces appear, the competition comes out of the woodwork. :l
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Re: Is it just me or have their been some sweet a$$ cels lat

Post by Moop »

With the plethora of interesting YYH cels that suddenly showed up all at once and out of the blue after such an incredibly long dry spell, I'm guessing that maybe a former collector lost interest and made a deal to sell their art. Not that I'm complaining about their short attention span, or anything. :^^:
Goldknight wrote:I swore off of YYH and DBZ, but oh my goodnes....... :bwall
So the real question is...have you managed to stay strong, or did you crack? Inquiring minds, and all. :dlook
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

As mentioned to me by some of the sellers of more recent purchases, some studios are selling off their goodies in order to pay off bills. This may explain some of the recent swag on the market - the $$$$ collectors are buying direct from the studio and selling off parts of their collection in order to fund these purchases.
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

I've noticed that too. Lots of sweet ass DBZ cels!

This one cel is one that got me excited, and its been awhile since that happened.

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /r57935367
:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Post by Eternal Squall »

I could not agree more, there are many great pieces, in several series showing up on YJ. After months of still waters, the tsunami has arrived!

guess thats why I am becoming a broke a$$........ /wah
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Well to answer Moop's question I had self control for the first few rounds of goodies, but I think this latest round of DBZ artwork is going to do me in. :hurt:

alyssium
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Agree

Post by alyssium »

I would have to agree there are some great pieces that have come up lately. There must be alot of collectors out there hurting from this economic crisis otherwise i dont think we would be seeing them.

Good time to buy if you have the money........!
xx alyssium xx