Missing cel from celga

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
ainominako
Anime Geek

Missing cel from celga

Post by ainominako »

Hello all!

Celga has really done it this time. They have lost one of my Sailor moon cels and sent me someone else's cel in it's place. I've already mailed that cel to it's rightful owner at my cost. Celga refunded me later but it took several emails.

If anyone has received a cel from them that isn't thiers please let me know. This cel was of Yaten and Minako.

This is frustrating since this was my last shipment with celga since I found a cheaper deputy service.

Celga said they don't think my cel was sent out to someone else but who knows??

Honestly, I am just having awful luck with my transactions lately.

Here is the cel I'm missing:

http://ainominako.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=280048
Last edited by ainominako on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I've used Celga since 2002 ... and this has happened to me once in my entire time with them. The cels that were switched were of the same character -- I got the other person's cel, but Celga still had mine. All they had me do was ship the cel back to them, and they credited my account for the shipping cost once they received it. They shipped mine out at their expense, and I had it pretty fast. I'm surprised that they aren't sure if they shipped your cel to someone else, and I do hope you are able to find it. Have you sent them an image of your cel? Also, perhaps you should post an image of it here, in case it shows up in someone else's package.

I've also received cels that belonged to other people in my packages, but even this only has happened once. Again, they had me ship it back to them here in the USA and they took care of it.

I'm not necessarily plugging Celga here, but from my personal experiences over the past 7 years with them, you should try to be patient and friendly -- you will get much better service than if you get mean or nasty right away. ;)
ainominako
Anime Geek

Post by ainominako »

I think I have been very patient with them. My switch in deputy service does not stem from this incident either. That's not why I switched. I just wanted to try something else.

I have also been using Celga for awhile and don't usually have any issues. They are always polite and make you feel like you are thier only customer.

My problem is they never told me they couldn't find the cel. I shipped the other persons cel for them. But when I asked for a tracking number for mine they said they would give me one. When a few days went by and I didn't receive a tracking number I asked again. That's when they told me they couldn't find it.

Celga also offered to refund the amount for the cel. I told them to see what they can find by Friday since I would rather have the cel.

I will post a picture shortly.

I just wanted to clarify since your reply implied that I had an attitude with Celga when that is not at all the case. I was just wondering if someone received a cel recently that wasn't thiers just in case it was shipped on accident :)

I sort of imagined my cel was sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be noticed.

Celga also told me - as an FYI- that they recently got some new staff and that is why there are more mistakes than usual.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

This happened to me with celga as well, believe it or not,
with Jenn-b. She got my Itachi cel, and i got hers. We
both just sent them off to each other, but I think that
Celga footed the shipping bill for both of us. I think Jenn
would have to verify that, though. :wink:
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

ainominako wrote:I just wanted to clarify since your reply implied that I had an attitude with Celga when that is not at all the case. I was just wondering if someone received a cel recently that wasn't thiers just in case it was shipped on accident :)

Celga also told me - as an FYI- that they recently got some new staff and that is why there are more mistakes than usual.
Nope! Not implying that at all. I've just heard quite a few people over the years saying how horrible they are etc. So, I'm just basically sounding a note of caution, since they have had the reputation in the past of getting nasty back with people who are mean up front, that's all ;). Sorry if you thought I was implying that you had already done this :l . Poor word choice on my part X|.

Anyways, it's good to know that the reason they've had some issues lately is due to new staff. I kinda wondered that myself, since they had some new staff in their USA office, too this year (which actually led to a few minor billing issues on my account >_<).

Definitely post your image though, because I know I've got a package coming from them soon ... on the off chance that I end up with it ;).
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

zerospace wrote:
ainominako wrote:I just wanted to clarify since your reply implied that I had an attitude with Celga when that is not at all the case. I was just wondering if someone received a cel recently that wasn't thiers just in case it was shipped on accident :)

Nope! Not implying that at all. I've just heard quite a few people over the years saying how horrible they are etc. So, I'm just basically sounding a note of caution, since they have had the reputation in the past of getting nasty back with people who are mean up front, that's all ;).
They have a lot more of a reputation than that, I'm afraid. But then, you couldn't pay me to use celga. ;)

Jennifer
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I have never used Celga so I do not know about their customer service, but this type of problem happens on occasion with other deputies as well. Sometimes sellers combine stuff from different auctions when shipping to the deputy and things get mixed up from there.

I have received an extra item by mistake a couple of times in the last several years. The deputy paid to have the cels sent back to them and it all seemed to go smoothly. I also had a item never show up. My money was refunded and again things went smoothly. Fortunately, it was more of an impulse purchase so I was not too upset about the loss.

I hope you are able to track down your cel.
ainominako
Anime Geek

Post by ainominako »

Thanks all. I have posted a link in my first post to the cel I'm missing.
Luckily it wasn't a wishlist cel like the one I actually received was...so if one cel had to go missing I prefer it was that one -- but still!

Hopefully they will find it. I realize this can happen with any deputy service but I just have been having the worst luck with transactions lately.

I purchased 2 cels from ebay and had to fight for almost two months to get them mailed to me. I did end up getting a refund from paypal for the full amount but two days after the refund the cels showed up at my door! However, only one cel was the one I had ordered. I decided to go ahead and repay the seller for the cel that was sent correctly and told her about the other cel but I haven't gotten a response and I doubt I will. I would eventually like to exchange the cel for the one I wanted -- I would obviously pay for it again...but maybe have the cel sent to me first - money second -- given the circumstances.

Have all of you experienced these situations? I buy online all the time but it's since I've shifted my focus to cels it seems to be a hassle and almost turns me off to the whole idea.

This is an entirely different topic that what I originally posted for....it should probably be moved to a different section.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments. I have been really more of a lurker in this community but I love looking at everyone's collections. X|
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

jcaliff wrote:They have a lot more of a reputation than that, I'm afraid. But then, you couldn't pay me to use celga. ;)

Jennifer
So I've heard. I have another long-time collector friend who feels very much the same way. Thankfully, I've been lucky enough to never have that problem with them.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Just browsing over this thread and I hope everything works out in the end, ainominako.

I've had a similar problem in that I couldn't find a particular set of copy genga I won back in January 2009. In fact, seeing this thread prompted me to have a hunt around for the item but I couldn't remember which deputy sent it (I use two regularly) and where it could be because I get large batches of stuff all the time.

To be honest, I was getting frantic because I had looked through 16 large folders, three 'home removal' boxes and a 4-foot stretch of oversized pictures I keep stacked alongside my cel drawers.
I finally found the sheets I was looking for and was extatic- they were grouped behind another genga set in the same cel bag!! *phew, meltdown averted*

The moral of this tale: always check your incoming artwork fully before storing it and account for everything that's due.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
ainominako
Anime Geek

Post by ainominako »

Celga ended up refunding me while they "look" for my cel.

I'm just lucky it was more of a whim purchase then a scene i really wanted.
ainominako
Anime Geek

Update!

Post by ainominako »

Celga just emailed me -- 7 months later with a shipping invoice. I haven't used them since they lost my cel.

I'm thinking this could be my long lost cel. Just in time for Christmas!!

It's a Christmas miracle! :D 8O

Although they slapped a hefty shipping price on it for EMS. :roll:

I asked Celga if they could tell me the contents of the package but they just gave me a URL to an auction that has been purged. Very helpful.

Here's hoping this mystery package is my lost cel! Honestly I'm surprised they found it.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Considering that they are the ones who mislaid the cel, you'd think they'd ship it for free. Because geeze, EMS shipping on *one* cel is gonna be more than the cel is probably worth!
ainominako
Anime Geek

Post by ainominako »

Well, I'm wondering, should I complain? lol. Or should I cough up the $20 and collect my missing cel. But you would think they would just ship it....after all it took them 7 months to find it.

Because they refunded the amount of my cel a long time ago. The EMS shipping is $20...I would have paid about $35-40 for the cel with the fees and everythign was all said and done.
Golden Boy

Post by Golden Boy »

Back when I used Celga (pre-Gold days), I would send an email with the link of the auction. Maybe you could find an old email with the link of that particular auction.

If the shipping is less than what you would have paid and it is the missing cel, I would pay it and then join the long list of ex-Celga users.