hopefully...

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

hopefully...

Post by kira »

hopefully a rs person will get this one.

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /d98182975
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Those two bidders are sure going at it, considering the price was only 70000 yesterday and it still has many days left. :D It's already passed the max that I was going to bid, but good luck to anyone who tries for it!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

This one looks to be on track to enter my little list of top ten record CCS prices. Seven of these are OP cels, and the top two of these were both OP2 lots. One eventually went for 351,000 yen (a set of 3 cels, two outlines and one fully painted) and one for 322,000 yen.

Top 2 slots belong to the TV-series-ending cel of Sakura with Syaoran's teddy bear (500,000 yen) and a Kerochan no Omakase pan cel of Sakura in the "Alice" costume from Ep. 24 (357,600 yen).

Ganbatte anyone who goes for this wonderful cel. I'll be wolfing down popcorn and cheering you on.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

who was the smj bidder?

just wondering.

congrats to whoever won the beauty.
sensei

Post by sensei »

T'wasn't me, though I was watching the other two items that went up at the same time pretty closely. I'd have like to have had the facial close-up of Syaoran at the end of the first story arc (conclusion of Ep. 46) but when another SMJ bidder and a Rinkya bidder started having at it, I backed off. (And besides I already have one, though not the key and not with the original matching bg. So kudos to the Rinkya winner!)

I did my usual Minnow-man trick of slipping out before the fracas began and nipping that gorgeous original bg of Clow Reed's garden in summer from Sakura's visit to the past in Ep. 68. I love the French Impressionist style the studio used for these backgrounds, and now I've got matching gardens from winter, spring, and summer. (Rallihir, alas, has the fall one.) Winning price -- somewhat less than 0.5% of the winning price of the OP 3 pan cel. Damn I'm cheap!

The final price, 253,000 yen, was a strong one for a CCS cel but not quite strong enough to make it into my little list of top ten high bids for this series. The #10 slot is still 286,000 yen, a tie between another OP 3 cel (December 2003) and a close-up facial of Sakura in the pink frilly outfit from the OP 1 (July 2006). The TV-series-ender remains unchallenged as the #1 price for a CCS cel.

My sincere condolences to the SMJ underbidder. It would have been nice to see that OP 3 pan in a RS gallery.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

We weren't in the running for that CCS OP either. Waaay too much money for us. Very nice cel, though! ^__^
We were, however, the ones who snagged that episode 46 Syaoran cel, Sensei. It was a hard fight, but we had to have it for our Final Judgement collection. Our apologies to the SMJ competitor.

Joel & Valerie
Angelic-Lair.com
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

sensei

Post by sensei »

Not me. I know that there is a well-financed SMJ bidder who is accumulating CCS materials from YJ, so I'm guessing that someone is banking on the future of art from this show. I'm only glad to have been in the running back in 2003 when some of my most prized acquisitions came up there.

It was a very good price for this cel, I admit, well under the range of other nice cels from the OP2 so my somewhat green-eyed congratulations to the lucky winner (and to Nick who nets a nice commission on the deal).