am i the only one that finds this wierd?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

am i the only one that finds this wierd?

Post by kira »

now, granted i know ccs cels can start out pricey, but that's only if it's an opening cel.

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w41425060
one the opening price is way to high.
also it looks like a fan cel to me. i know it has a sketch which makes it legit but someting seems off about the both of them.

anoone else think this one is wierd?
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Well, without checking frame by frame, it looks legit. to me. It's from the very beginning of Ep. 17 (The Fear Test), which shows Sakura swimming underwater for a while, then surfacing.

But I share your misgivings, kira. Even if it's a pan cel, it's one of a series, so it's not a unique image. The face looks like it has some line fading issues. And the foreshortening of the hand "in the viewer's face" is, to my eyes, awkwardly done. I've always thought that, for a canonical episode, and one of considerable importance to the overall story arc, that the animation for this episode was not especially distinguished, and I've often been disappointed with the look of cels I've obtained from it.

I'll pass. Thanks for pointing it out, kira.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

well that solves my queston on it being real or fake. thank you, sensei.

it's still the starting price that kills me, since as you pointed out, it isnt the greatest shot.