Gorgeous Cel on YJ

Post by teggacat »

this is stunning, but so pricey......
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /r58805543
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Gorgeous Cel on YJ

Post by graymouser »

uchiha615 wrote:this is stunning, but so pricey......
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /r58805543
Yep, I totally agree with you. Even though the cel looks great, they need to drop the price to closer to what Arslan cels normally sell for if they want to get any bids.
Nat.R
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nat.R »

this cel comme from the movie, not the OVAs, so the price can't be lower (in my opinion)
Mara
Anime Geek

Post by Mara »

I am so ridiculously tempted by this cel! The price isn't too bad, but I have to keep reminding myself that with the drippy exchange rate and paying deputy service fees, it's too much for me. Well, it's cool to see any Arslan cels appear on Yahoo Japan these days.
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I am sure that the cel does not come from the first movie. If it was, I would currently be bidding very aggressively for it - even though I still feel the price is a bit higher than it should be. Below are a couple of screen captures from my wish list that show what he looks like in the first movie.

Image Image

It is possible that the cel comes from the second movie. The character design for Arslan changed for the second movie and IMHO is pretty similar to the OVAs.

Maybe I am just spoiled because I bought my Arlsan cels such a long time ago. I guess its possible that the price has gone up more than I was aware of. Either way I agree that it is nice to see some cels from the series available. It has been a long time. Hopefully more will pop up soon.
Mara
Anime Geek

Post by Mara »

You're right, it definitely isn't from the first movie. The style from the first movie is so awesome, as those screen captures show! I'm jealous of the Arslan cel that Chris on Rubberslug has. :)
http://chriscelsite.rubberslug.com/gall ... mID=174785

The cel on YJ right now is from the opening of the second movie, when Arslan is talking about their decision to split up and meet at the fortress Peshwald, or however it's supposed to be spelled. The more I think about it... that price really is too high, even if it is rare.

It does seem almost eerie how few Arslan cels are appearing for sale. I know there are only 6 parts to the series, but it just seems like the collectors who have the cels have all locked them away in vaults. Not that I blame them, too much. :D
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

Mara wrote:I'm jealous of the Arslan cel that Chris on Rubberslug has. :)
http://chriscelsite.rubberslug.com/gall ... mID=174785
Oh yes, I have always admired his Arslan cel.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Well, looking at who the seller is explains why it is so highly priced. Snowrabbit41jp always starts their auctions above market value, sometimes very much higher (like with many of their CCS cels).
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

he's pretty.

*point above*i was gonna ask if you'd either bought or had to bid against
them, rei. then i read your post.