Unreasonable, Unrequested Shipping??.....

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Unreasonable, Unrequested Shipping??.....

Post by Eternal Squall »

Hola Betaites,

I have recently been(in my eyes), the recipient of an unjustified shipping invoice from my deputy service. On the afternoon of sept 17, 2009, I received an email stating that my "items are packed and ready to ship as soon as payment is received. "

/?:

Being that my state of mind dictates that I am always right, I took upon the task of inquiring as to why my items had been prepared for shipping, when I had not made such a request..... My questions were acknowledged and sent onto the billing dept, in a timely manner. The billing dept told me that it had been 2 months since my last shipping and nearly a month since my last item was received at their warehouse. Usually that's about when they try to go ahead and pack because some people don't realize they need to request it.

Ok, that is all fine and well. Last year I had quite a sizeable stash accumulating at their warehouse, and I was inactive for about a month. No bidding and therefore no winning. I received an unrequested shipping invoice after that month, which was absolutely fine. I understood that situation completely.

Now what I consider irksome is that I received this shipping invoice only 2 weeks after my last item was acquired at their warehouse on Sept 1, 2009. Not only that, I was still active in bidding. Granted I had been losing quite frequently lately..... :emb but still active none-the-less.

Well, I responded to the billing dept, asking if I could cancel shipping, and pointing out the fact that I did not meet that almost-a-month parameter. Yea.....they have not responded......sent another message.....nothing still

I HATE BEING IGNORED!!!!!!!!! :bwall

Soooo... I wanted to see what you guys thought, am I wrong? Are they wrong? Is there a third party that could be blamed instead?

Added some question marks to the subject....makes me sound less angry
Last edited by Eternal Squall on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

hrmmmm... I don't quite know how to put this, without
sounding like a flaming bitch, but that is not what I intend.
Personally, I think you should be grateful that there are
deputy services that will allow you to bid and receive items
from YHJ. Without them, many of our collections would be
quite a bit smaller. :hurt:

Not sure how big many of these deputy service warehouses
are, but you are not paying an extra storage fee. So when
they want to clear out their warehouse and ship to you, that
is their perogative. I think you should graciously accept the
shipment and thank them for all that they do for you. :)

Just my 2 cents. :shrug
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Rinkya clearly states, "Items that have been at the warehouse for over 2 months without a ship request from you, will be sent automatically and you will be charged a 25% storage fee."
http://rinkya.com/ship.php

Shopping Mall Japan's 3-month policy is similar, "Should your items go over the storage limit they may be subject to auto-shipments as detailed in the shipping system page or possible abandonment if you go over the time limit."
http://shoppingmalljapan.com/storagesystem.html

The way that I read these is that it is that your order ships either 2 (Rinkya) or 3 (SMJ) months from the date of the FIRST item you have in storage with them. Not 2-3 months since the LAST item was added. Otherwise, people who win auctions constantly would ship their items once a year...if even.

You should always read all the fine print before signing up with ANY service, be it a deputy or a phone company. You really cannot complain about auto-shipping, since you agreed to their Terms Of Service when you signed up.

Yes, I agree that it can be annoying when you are currently in the middle of transactions, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.
Last edited by ReiTheJelly on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Gee that sounds familiar. After that happened to me three times within a short period of time I decided to use another deputy as my primary deputy.

When they shipped my one cel 23 days after my last shipment from them. It was time for a change. That made $20 per shipment of one cel per package.

The storage time allowed was much longer than 23 days too.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

My deputy service has auto-shipped to me before as well -- I remember asking them why (just out of mere curiosity), and their response was that their warehouse was running very quickly out of room due to a large number of folks allowing a large number of items to pile up & since I had accumulated a good size pile, they decided to pack my stuff up and ship it. That didn't bother me, despite the fact that I was mid-transaction on an item or two at the time.

Since Rei addressed both Rinkya & SMJ, here's a quote off of Celga's site:
Q: Why are you shipping my items? I haven't sent a shipping request!

A: Whenever possible, Celga defaults to holding your items until you request an international shipment. Combining items this way helps you to save on the high cost of international shipping. We try to let you decide when you're ready for a package - this way, you can determine if you want items faster or wait to combine more items to reduce cost (but remember, heavier packages do cost more to ship!).

However, please understand that due to the nature and quantity of your items and our limited storage facilities, there are times when we'll have to prepare a package for you without an explicit shipping request. We handle thousands of auctions a month, and we need to move out older items to make room for new ones coming in! For most customers who request shipments regularly every month or two, this should never be an issue.
This pretty much indicates that at their discretion, they may choose to ship your stuff without you requesting it first. You stated when your last item arrived, but you did not state when your OLDEST item arrived.

I have to agree with Gonzai -- be glad they offer the service in the first place, and be even happier that they'll store your stuff for ANY length of time.
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Post by Eternal Squall »

My oldest package arrival at the warehouse was August 19, 2009, containing 2 cels, 3 douga sets. Second package arrival was previously stated Sept 1, 2009, containing 3 douga sets. My concern was with the answer I received from the billing dept., "nearly a month since your last item was received." From that statement I wanted to know if 2 weeks 2 days = almost a month?

I have had no problems with my deputy service, I have been quite happy. Granted I havent been at this for years, years and years....just a year. This just seems a bit off, and I do not like the fact that I have gone unanswered for 6 days now. I have not been belegerant in my emails( I take that out on my co-workers /no1 )

As for being grateful,.....sorry I do not believe in that perspective....that allows yourself to be taken advantage of and walked all over.....
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I am most likely the number one when it comes to the worst customers who make their deputy hold things. I have bidded on auctions just to get my deputy NOT to ship. This is when there was alot of stuff on YJ I wanted and did not have yet. I once bidded and won things over a period of 8 months and THEN finally get my deputy to ship. ended up being 3 large boxes all sent via EMS... very expensive. ;_;

My deputy doesnt charge a storage fee. So if anyone out there uses my deputy... and they end up charging a storage fee... blame me. :hurt:
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I can't say I blame you for being upset that you haven't gotten a response in 6 days X| . Hopefully, they'll at least respond to your questions soon. ;)
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

*reads rei's post*

funny i know i've had stuff at smj that's been over 90 days, which equals 3 months.

the oldest one i can remember was 120 days old and i had to request my stuff. i thought smj's storage was 6 months, guess i was wrong.