Is this real? Need some Sailor Moon help...

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Is this real? Need some Sailor Moon help...

Post by MidniteKitten »

So I was looking through YHJ and I see this:
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h135180566

They say it's a bank cel from Sailor Moon, and I thought I knew where it was from even, I could have sworn it came from "Moon Crystal Power" sequence, but I can't seem to locate it in there....I also noticed the lines are kind of shoddy and not so smooth. So can another SM fan help me out, would you say this is real, fake? Or is it from something other than a transformation, maybe not even from Sailor Moon!? There's no cel number that I can see....but help is always appreciated! Thank you!
Starfighter
Eiyuu - Hero

Not Sailor Moon

Post by Starfighter »

Hi Midnitekitten,
Well as being a sm cel collector for many years I can say it is not a henshin . It did look like it though, but I also checked out all her henshin trans and the way the hans are is way different then moon crystal power or any of the others. Sorry

Not saying it is fake because it could come from another anime .

Starfighter
aethel
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by aethel »

To be fair, it is not a "fake." The seller says they don't know for sure it is a bank cel. The title says "Sailor Moon Henshin?"

If it helps at all, the description starts out:

This is a cel from Sailor Moon. It is a henshin bank scene or some sort of effect of two hands. I got it together with the other cel of the spider youma I'm currently selling, so I'm not really sure whose hands these are.

(I assume they mean this other cel: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e97400609 )

Hope that's helpful!
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

I knew it couldn't have been SM, but it has to be some kind of henshin cel it seems. I'm curious now...ah well..Thanks guys!
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nelia »

It looks like two separate people's hands. Maybe someone standing back to back? Neptune and Uranus perhaps?
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

It looks like shadow puppets to me... dog and bird.

- Karen