Anyone going for this Last Unicorn cel?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Anyone going for this Last Unicorn cel?

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Anyone going for this? http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/123349162

200000 is a high price, but it's a nice piece. :)
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

If it's still on auction after Christmas, I'll be going for it :D

Just can't see it going unwanted for that long though, it's such a wonderful image. I almost wish someone would buy it just so I don't have to think about it anymore. I keep thinking of selling my collection for funds...
(As long as it's someone with a public gallery, of course, so I may enjoy it still :wink: )

Honestly, this piece is tormenting me right now, but of course there's another cel come up at exactly the same time for around the same price and I can't have both. We've all been there :hurt: X|

The other cel is no where near as nice (it's good but not great) but it's WAAYYYY rarer and would hurt me more to miss it. I think.
But sometimes I think I'm an idiot cuz this Last Unicorn is the better cel of the two...

So, anyone else out there gunna buy it so I can get over it already? *please*

And thanks for putting up with my rant :wink:
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
sailorsv13
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by sailorsv13 »

Wowza! I wish I was going for it!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Price drop! Down to 175000 yen from 200000
ashenfairy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ashenfairy »

This is a rare moment when I'm really not sad I'm too broke to buy a TLU cel. There's no unicorns so I don't care. :wink: However, It's a gorgeous image. Given how hard it is to find Lir I'm really surprised it hasn't been snapped up yet as that really is a reasonable price for a shot like that.

http://www.avaneshop.com/ Our anime, games and geekery webshop
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

Hahaha... I wish I had the money for that cel. Its amazing! I hope someone here gets it.
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I agree that it is a beautiful cel. Lir is a rare character, and the cel comes from when Amalthea and Lir are singing in the forest. Very romantic.

However, I will be a little contrary and say that I think the price is a little high. It is rare for a LU cel to get into the $2K range unless it has at least one of the following.

1) The Unicorn (or the herd of unicorns)
2) The Red Bull.
3) A LU production background.

The listed cel has none of these. Lir is rare, but like many of the "other" characters he usually does not command such a high price.

I do not want to sound too negative. That cel is gorgeous. I definitely would not mind seeing that beauty in someone's gallery. I happily overpaid for my Lir cel. I just felt obligated to give my honest opinion about the price.
sailorsv13

Post by sailorsv13 »

I have to agree with graymouser. I have a cel of Lir and Amalthea. Granted, my shot is of the back of them, but the price was astronomically lower. I would pay a lot for this cel, but not even as much as they have lowered the price to. If they bring it back down to reality I will bid for sure because I prefer to collect cels of Amalthea.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

so did anyone here get it? there was also a production bg floating around. i wanted to bid, but i have been so low on funds for cels. :roll: :l
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

Sadly it wasn't me :l I was all set to bid right up until the final 8 hours but then my dream Little Mermaid cel turned up. The exact frame. I couldn't turn it down and I couldn't have both.

It would be nice to see it in a gallery. I wonder how long I'll have to wait for another good Lir cel to turn up (well, maybe when it does it will be my wish list :wink: )
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

i am trying my luck on a current LU auction. i put in a healthy bid. the reason i bring it up is because i am willing to negotiate with anyone who is interested in the cel- i am mainly interested in the background. i might lose, but if i don't, i just wanted to say this. :)
productioncels

Post by productioncels »

Does anyone know who won this one?? The background looked like a preproduction one
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I have no idea who won either one. I did not go for either one myself.