Other Japanese auction sites?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Other Japanese auction sites?

Post by Sky Rat »

I was wondering if anyone has ever bought an item from a Japanese auction site OTHER than YJ (or Mandarake)?

I keep stumbling across small collectables (no cels so far) that I’d be interested in on the following site: http://www.mbok.jp/ . I’ve also noticed that the Japanese MSN does auctions, although I haven’t seen anything particularly interesting there yet.

I know some of the deputy services have expanded their service to include Japanese stores as well as YJ, but I haven’t seen anything about other auction sites. The only deputy services I have experience with are Celga and Rinkya, although I know there are several others out there. Celga seems like it would be the better bet in a case like this, although I’d rather avoid using them again due to a bad experience I had with them.

Does anyone have any experience/ recommendations?

I can probably live without any of the things I’ve found so far, but it has made me curious, and I’d like to know if there’s an option should anything really interesting turn up.

Thanks!
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

I've bought plenty of things (mostly Lolita and Hime Gyaru clothes)
from both Mbok and Rakuten thru Celga,.

http://en.rakuten.co.jp/

I dont use Celga anymore (bad experiences like yourself :P),
but my hubster still does and recently
bought some items on MBok and was satisfied.

I cant vouch for any other deputy since I've only ever used 2.

Honestly, YJ and Mandarake are really your best bet (cels I mean).
Mbok use to have pretty good cels here and there if you looked
but past 2-3 years its just been desolate or pure crap freebie
looking cels.
For lil items, it really depends if its worth it to ya or if its
out of print/out of stock. If you can find it on cdjapan,
hobby link japan, or animaxis why go thru deputy, fees
and what not that an auction site would burden you with. ^_~

EDIT:

I forgot about Bidders. But I've never really found anything on it
in the past.
http://www.bidders.co.jp/
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Thanks! I suspected Celga would probably be the answer… Hmmm, with a lot of reluctance I decided to go ahead and risk trying them again (although I most definitely wouldn’t with another cel, or anything remotely valuable.) I’m not really expecting to find any cels on mbok, but there is a small number of collectables that I’ve been on the lookout for for several years now. They’re all very small items, but not things I’m likely to find again easily, so I guess it’s worth taking my chances. *crosses fingers*

Thanks again!!
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

ive bought stuff plenty of times on mbok before but it was through a deputy. I have never had an issue with it.. but never cels. Mostly Furoku from Yuu Watase series. aaah
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Which deputy service did you use iwakuralain16?

I usually use Rinkya, but I didn’t think I could use them for mbok. I was hoping for a suggestion other than Celga, because I have had a problem with them in the past. The auction I was interested in is already over, I ended up taking my chances with Celga again because the item was very cheap, so if I have another problem I won’t have lost very much money.

I am very interested in suggestions for other deputy services I haven’t tried though.

I’m mainly just checking mbok for some things that were put out by Movic and Animate back around 10 years ago. Not expecting to find any cels.

Thanks!!
Laurel-Rinkya

Post by Laurel-Rinkya »

Hi Sky Rat!

Rinkya can purchase from MBOK!

All you need to do is fill out a Rinkya Stores form here:
http://www.rinkya.com/storesrus.php

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
Laurel
Rinkya
:)