Whose wallet is bleeding?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

graymouser wrote:Haven't bid on anything so far, but the BGs, past and current, are definitely tempting. Like someone else said, the BGs interest me a lot more than the cels they have been matched with.
the bgs are so tempting, but i'm definitely waiting these out. i would bid on a major piece if it came along. my fav is the sequence-mate of the cel you gave me, graymouser. :love: :)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Wow - those new ones are gorgeous. :)
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

i thought anyone following this post might be interested... i have new last unicorn cels for sale here:

http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 945#322945

:ghug:
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f84083376

this looks pretty good, but don't think theres any sketch with it, still, would've gone for it if I wasn't broke..

btw, do this kind of post production cel come with sketch sometimes?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f84083376

this looks pretty good, but don't think theres any sketch with it, still, would've gone for it if I wasn't broke..
Was it that guy who just got through selling the sketch separately before posting this? Or was it someone else? I didn't even save the previous auction. I don't save very many auctions these days. I wasn't very surprised to see this popup after just seeing the sketch up there.
btw, do this kind of post production cel come with sketch sometimes?
Sometimes they are, but I think all of Fate/stay night's Rilezu's sketches were made for the Rilezus they came with.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

is that how it is? that totally make sense, to sell them separately and make more money..and your saying that the sketch is not used for the anime? I didn't know that, but they did use sketches when making the anime right?

love your new avatar btw! usually I don't notice or even care about this kinda stuff, but the new avatar really stand out :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:is that how it is? that totally make sense, to sell them separately and make more money..and your saying that the sketch is not used for the anime? I didn't know that, but they did use sketches when making the anime right?
Usually it's not looked upon favorably when collector purposely sells the sketch separately from the cel.

I don't think any of the Fate/stay night Rilezu come with production sketches. They come with sketches that were made for the Rilezu. They used sketches to make the anime though, yeah.
love your new avatar btw! usually I don't notice or even care about this kinda stuff, but the new avatar really stand out :D
That scene cracked me up when I seen it in preview in the anime. So I knew I had to make an avatar out of it right away. Too bad I couldn't make a Gif out off it. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I see, those evil collectors!! and is fate/stay night 's production cels being sold as well? or did the studio decide to keep them? also what about those ones on ebay right now, are they the legit production cels used to make anime?

so what anime is your avatar from? now I really want to watch it lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I see, those evil collectors!! and is fate/stay night 's production cels being sold as well? or did the studio decide to keep them? also what about those ones on ebay right now, are they the legit production cels used to make anime?
Production cels just about completely stopped being used in anime shows by Jan 2003. So there are no production cels from Fate/stay night. There's only Rilezu cels and production sketches. Don't know if there are repos from it, but I don't think there were.

It went roughly like this:

Percentage of computer colored anime characters in artwork out of all the anime titles coming out that year:

1998 15%
1999 40%
2000 55%
2001 75%
2002 95-98%
2003 almost 100% (Inuyasha ep 99 Feb 3 2003, etc)
so what anime is your avatar from? now I really want to watch it lol
It's from Fairy Tail. It's the next episode preview for episode 19.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

but what about Daphne in the Brilliant Blue? I've seen a few cel of it here and there and thought they looked like the production cel..(while fast forwarding to ep19 of fairy tail)
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

Sazae-san is the last anime that was made with cels. They only swapped to CG last year. I read it in a Japanese online newspaper.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:but what about Daphne in the Brilliant Blue? I've seen a few cel of it here and there and thought they looked like the production cel..(while fast forwarding to ep19 of fairy tail)
Not that I know of. I've only seen sketches from it.

I'm not sure what you seen though. I haven't been following Rilezu and repros and I haven't been looking at the cel category for the last 2-3 years unless it was for a title I was specifically looking for. :shrug
Olivier wrote:Sazae-san is the last anime that was made with cels. They only swapped to CG last year. I read it in a Japanese online newspaper.
Interesting. They waited that long eh? I'll make a note of it. Thanks for that information. :)

Sazae-san was the name of the anime I was trying to come up with when I was roughly trying to figure out how much anime had come out during the January 1-March 31, 2009 period. Unfortunately I could only come up with 68 titles 690 episodes and 16,146 minutes worth not including adult releases (can't find a list at Anime Nation/Mania). Somehow I was never able to get her name quite right in my mind. :wow:
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

well this is where I saw them:
http://animecelcollector.com/Rilezu_Daphne_Maia_001.htm

they don't look like rilezu to me, but they might be, tho someone before told me usually rilezu cels don't have numbers on them, but he might be wrong lol

so I checked out fairy tail and its got a mix of one piece and rave master style in there, also I saw that carrot nose dog from ravemaster in the opening as well, pretty cool.
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

They are Rilezu. A lot of Rilezu have the cut and scene numbers written on them....but you don't see them unless you remove them from the matting. :wink:

Here is the site that sells them:
http://p-pro.web.infoseek.co.jp/daphne/daphne.html
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I, I knew it!! now wheres that bastard that tried to trick me :o

thanks alot for the info! feels pretty good being a noob, get to learn somethin new everyday lol