YJ URL elimnation program?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

YJ URL elimnation program?

Post by Keropi »

Does anyone know of a program that would eliminate Yahoo Japan URLs so that I don't have to for months or years keep clicking the same auctions with fuzzy sketch thumbnails so that I can see how the sketches look like?

I mean...besides the program that got posted here a long time ago. That program was too complicated for me to understand. :)

Thanks! A program like that would save me days of searching YJ each year. There are too many of the same auctions that run forever over there these days. :(
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

What was the program that was listed here a while ago? First I've heard of such a thing.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Kymaera posted one up a long time ago, but I am not good enough with computers to be able to use it. You had to setup a number of things with it before you could use it.

Now if there was something like Firefox's NoScript that would block out auction URLs or at least make them easily identifiable which auction URLs you've already checked it would be great (because many auctions stay up there for months). I have difficulty going through all the sketch auctions without knowing whether any of them are worth bidding on. So just 20 YJ pages might give me 40 auction thumbnails to click. X|

It's not bad when the links under the YJ auction thumbnails are colored differently because you can tell you've clicked them before, but that color only lasts for so long before it reverts back.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

One thing I do is to use the alerts system built into Yahoo Japan to filter some. I think the only time is sends you a second notice about something is when the seller starts a new auction for it (as opposed to relisting). Mind you, this means I get a LOT of e-mail into my inbox, but it's easy to sort into it's own folder and I can turn on the preview option to skim them quickly.

The downside to this method is that it can be very tricky to figure out good keywords that are only going to ping you about things you might be interested in buying.

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Interesting idea!

The problem is that I'm not even sure what I would go after. I'm just looking for sketches in general. As you say, it's very easy to miss something based off how the object is described and depending on what text you use to search by. It would be much better for me to leave out the repeating auctions.

Not sure if there's any easy solution to this, but it would certainly be a handy little program if there ever was one. Searching YJ just takes too long even by the abbreviated methods that I use.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

This is interesting!

I doubt anyone here would know how easy or not easy it is to get access to YJ's API (application programming interface). I'd imagine this is how Rinkya and SMJ automate the bidding process the way they do. But, I suppose if one had access to it and had the know-how, you could build a custom YJ search engine that would allow you to do whatever you like. ;)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Z, here's the script keropi is talking about:

http://www.kymaera.net/yj_script

It's set up to run on the "all cels" search, so if you look in other categories, you'll still have to check those by hand.

He once installed it on my laptop and showed me how it worked, but I never did try it on my own. It seemed easy enough, once you got the hang of it.