so I got some cels from YJA awhile back..

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

so I got some cels from YJA awhile back..

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

and they arrived at my local post office with EMS as shipping method 2 weeks ago. they ring my door bell at 9 in the morning and I was still asleep, so they lift me pick up notice...

I was busy for 2 weeks so today I went to the post office to pick them up with my notice and the clark told me its gone, and theres nothing I could do about it..I told them I had insurance on it and he said that doesn't mean anything and post office only hold things for up to 5 days.

I was mad of course since I never even got a second notice or warning..anyway so now those cels are lost, I was wondering if I can somehow get my money back or something, anybody any idea or exp regarding this matter?

thanks in advance!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I'm not sure as to how they would be 'lost'. Typically, if you do not pick up your items in a timely period, they send it back to the seller.

I would contact the seller and ask them if the packages were sent back to them. You might have to re-pay for shipping, but, you should receive them.

Good luck :)
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

I second what cutiebunny said. They won't just throw them away, they send it back to the shipper. Contact them to get your cels.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

done it right away, now just gotta keep my hopes up for the best :D

thanks alot guys!
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

next time: Try to get to the Post asap!! :wink:
then you can avoid the whole headache
plus you'd have your cels in hand already :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm lazy about going to the post office. I also don't like going down there to do anything so usually I only go down there once a week. A couple times my package arrived a day or two after I checked. By the the time I went back there, the cel/sketch package was on its second notice and on it's last day before being sent back.

But usually when I'm expecting a package I go down there at least every five or six days even though I hate doing that.

I wonder how long it's going to be before they shut down that post office and I'm going to have to change the address for so many things with a notary signature. That won't be fun, but mail service is dying off. :(
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

darn it, why is it that my local post office don't give out second notice..its even an option on the notice itself..
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

Sometimes they do give out a second notice, i only seen it once with a second notice for one of packages. The post office are good for me, I don't have to pick up all my goodies, my mother does it for me :D when I am away from home for long periods of time.

Goodluck in finding your cels where ever they are - "maybe Antarctica" :joke -
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Sometimes I don't get a second notice and I couldn't tell how close it was to being sent back.

One time I got a first notice, but the line would have been a half hour wait so I didn't pick it up. I came back three days later and the (first notice required a signature) disappeared from my box. I went to the desk to ask about it. They pulled the package from the back along with the first notice paper I needed to sign. So it was on it's way to being sent back.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Sometimes they do give out a second notice, i only seen it once with a second notice for one of packages. The post office are good for me, I don't have to pick up all my goodies, my mother does it for me :D when I am away from home for long periods of time.

Goodluck in finding your cels where ever they are - "maybe Antarctica" :joke -

jeez, so I got a reply a few days back they say if they ever gets it they'll let me know...anyways I requested SAL shipping but they forcefully changed it to EMS..those bastards, if its SAL I'd prably gotten it weeks ago, instead I paid extra and now I don't even know where in the world its at :o

and good for you man, everytime I tell my ma to pick up something for me she bitchs to no end :(
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Have you ever called the Post Office to reschedule a delivery? They will do that. :?
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I have to say....I can't even imaginge choosing SAL over EMS. Sorry, but I prefer that the parcels be completely trackable, no matter the cost.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

birdie wrote:Have you ever called the Post Office to reschedule a delivery? They will do that. :?
I didn't know I could call to reschedule since theres no phone # on the notice. but last time I put the notice into mailbox and asked for redeliver on a specific day(3 days after first delivery) and waited home all day and it didn't show up, the next day still had to go to post office to pick up before it was send back..

tho next time this happens I'll try on a not so expensive package since their # can be find on their site.
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:everytime I tell my ma to pick up something for me she bitchs to no end
Way too funny, my mother has to do to stop my sister finding & hacking into the my packages an finding out what i'm collecting. She may go nuts if she did. The little devil is also into anime/manga/stuff.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

jenn-b wrote:I have to say....I can't even imaginge choosing SAL over EMS. Sorry, but I prefer that the parcels be completely trackable, no matter the cost.
I couldn't agree more. The EMS shipping might solve this entire problem. Ask the seller for the tracking number and go to the website and look up where the package is at right now.

But I have to say... if you didn't show up for two weeks and didn't call the post office to let them know what was happening or ask them to hold it longer, this really isn't something that's the fault of the post office. Over my collecting years, I've found it far better for me to treat the post office as friends and my post office bends over backwards for me now. They're awesome.