Unusual ending auction times

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Unusual ending auction times

Post by Keropi »

Anyone here ever forgot to bid on something because the auction ended at an unusual time?

About a month and a half ago I forgot to bid on something because it ended around 7:30 PM Pacific Time on YJ. I completely forgot about it. I remembered about 9:30PM after it was over. Oops!~ :D
dark-water-dragon
Kamisama - God

Post by dark-water-dragon »

All the time, mostly for two reason. Reason one is that I live in Alaska so when an auction might end around eight o'clock on the east coast it is four my time. The second reason is my work schedule. I work days, evenings, and grave yard shifts every week. :ZzZz: So when an auction ends when I am at work and I want to bid on my phone either I forget or I get to busy to do anything about it. :roll: Oh and working all of these crazy hours also throws off my dates. :P
Darkness is the only thing that can comfort you

http://dwd.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

All the time. The ones that throw me the most are YJ auctions that end in the evening EST. Most of the time they end early in the morning usually just before or just after the school bus leaves. Any other time I forget to watch. Weekends are bad too, I like to sleep in. :ZzZz:
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

There's one seller on ebay who obnoxiously has his items end at about 4-5 am EST. :?
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

So far I can remember is that, all the auction item's I go for all end at midnight or just after it. It really bugs me a lot. Staying up watching the auction like a hawk when i know i have to work early the next morning.
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

I forget to bid on stuff all the time, mostly because I'm usually super-busy. Sometimes I'll worry so much about forgetting that I'll put in a token bid early. Once I forgot that I even did that, and was disapointed that I forgot to bid... until I got the winning notice a few hours later! Oops.

- Karen
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I've seen some auctions lately that end 2:06AM to 2:15 AM Japan time. That's good for me if I'm not working, but it's not good for most people in Japan. :D
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Keropi wrote:I've seen some auctions lately that end 2:06AM to 2:15 AM Japan time. That's good for me if I'm not working, but it's not good for most people in Japan. :D
Aussie time is about the same to japan. Morning time when the auction end to you so by having a guess what time in the usa to you about 7,8 or 9 am if the auction ends around midnight?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Aussie time is about the same to japan. Morning time when the auction end to you so by having a guess what time in the usa to you about 7,8 or 9 am if the auction ends around midnight?
With Daylight Savings Time here it would be sixteen hours behind. So a midnight auction would be 8AM in California.

When an auction ends 4AM out here you wonder whether it's worth bidding before going to sleep.
Koneko Koji
Kamisama - God

Post by Koneko Koji »

I don't do the whole bid for myself thing - I don't trust myself ... when I did do it, I was just shopping constantly, even when I couldn't afford it - so now I go through a bidder!
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Keropi wrote:
Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Aussie time is about the same to japan. Morning time when the auction end to you so by having a guess what time in the usa to you about 7,8 or 9 am if the auction ends around midnight?
With Daylight Savings Time here it would be sixteen hours behind. So a midnight auction would be 8AM in California.

When an auction ends 4AM out here you wonder whether it's worth bidding before going to sleep.
I should live over there in the states but I love the Land DownUnder. Damn those midnight ending auction items.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It was great when I was vacationing in upstate New York. With the Eastern time zone, all I had to do was wake up and bid. No loss of sleep was involved.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Wanna LOL me ? :D

Usually auction ends at 4 or 5 PM, and I often have my wife that cook cakes and a delicious coffee, so I trink coffee and totally forgot about the auction.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime