curious

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

curious

Post by kira »

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... k123505686

is the only reason this went so high is because he's transforming?

was wondering.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Since it was only 2 bidders it might be that both have a cel of that scene they wanted the original maching background for.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Koneko Koji
Kamisama - God

Post by Koneko Koji »

I wanted to go for this sketch because of him transforming - but when I saw the price jumping up, I didn't bother.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I've only been buying CCS artwork for a few years, but, this is the first time I can recall that some artwork of Yukito transforming with the wings showing. Most of the artwork that appeared prior to this showed Yukito about to transform, but not the actual transforming.

Judging from the end price, it seems like a good guess /hmm

CCS backgrounds/layouts occasionally go for this much. About a year and a half ago, there was a Tokyo Tower background that went for about the same price.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Wasn't me. But people who are fascinated by the character's double nature can get a little crazy.

It looks like the first bidder (Celga, if I'm not mistaken) lodged a big overbid to be sure of getting it. Then someone from SMJ did the same about ten hours later. As both bids went in well before the closing time, that seems more likely than a real bidding war.

Maybe the winner is reading and can elucidate. Just because it's more than I'd bid doesn't mean it isn't worth that in some serious collector's eyes.