Rinkya bidding issues

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Goldknight
RULER

Rinkya bidding issues

Post by Goldknight »

Has anyone had problems placing a bid? I just tried to place a bid and I keep getting an error message that the item URLs are invalid. When I look at the URL, apparently the kanji symbols won't copy and paste so instead you see %%%2387$ instead. 8O This has never happened before. Is there something I'm missing? :?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Ok double post, but a new issue now. I found a way around the copy paste issue, but now the item URL is still invalid. :bwall
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Has the item been relisted since you saved it? I have had something like this happen when I saved an auction and then forgot to bid on it. It gets relisted, but I need to resave it in order to bid. For some reason the URL occasionally changes.

*EDIT* I have also had this happen when the seller relists midway through an auction in order to correct an error.
bulleta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by bulleta »

I've had the same problem saving an URL to my saved auctions.

What I've been doing is copying the auction item number (the last group of letters & numbers) and then opening up a new auction that I know will save (one that doesn't display the Kanji), and pasting it in place of that auction's item number. Then it lets me save it.

I assume you could do the same thing with bidding. :) I haven't actually bid on anything, so I don't know.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Ok I think it's figured out now. Apparently some links do have the kanji in them, but if you simply paste the link without the kanji it still works and is then accepted. I'm not sure if it's a relist however I don't believe it is. Still it's strange that it happened. I've just never encountered this type of problem before. Also strange is that some of the URLs have kanji and some don't. :shrug Thanks everyone! :bow :)