Yahoo Japan adjusting their website

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Yahoo Japan adjusting their website

Post by Keropi »

I hope everyone's YJ links still work. Some of mine don't work because of their adjusting. I can't even see the text I used to make the link with.

I only see an advertisement on the page. I think they are adding more ads to their YJ auction pages.

I'll have to see if I can find the Japanese text that I used to create those YJ links with. Or try to find them anyway. :P
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

the ones with pre-adjusted prices with more than one page, on the 2nd page and so on would have error and it'll ask me to readjust price, so I had to do it for those and rebookmark them, other than that everything else looks ok to me.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Check my links out:

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... 0jp&mode=1

The links got messed up. They're messed up on Rinkya too. Maybe in the morning it'll all be fine.

EDIT:

Here's a screencap with extra "ads" on the bottom:

theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

wao, that's really wired..I wonder how that happened, maybe your search is really, really specific? cause mine are just mostly series titles or character names and there mostly under "all auction" search option so maybe thats why, not sure tho.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Those three links are for "genga", "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien"and "Akane Maniax". In other words "genga" and links by anime titles. I don't recall adding anything else to those links.

I can't be absolutely sure though because I can't even see the Japanese text any more. :D

EDIT:

Oh...I figured out how to make new links. /no1

Are the auction thumbnails bigger now or is it just my imagination?
oxypetalus
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by oxypetalus »

I noticed the changes too. The Rinkya search doesn't work for me now. They probably need to update their searches.

I actually thought the thumbnails looked smaller? or about the same?
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Some of my search links are doing the same thing *sigh* now I have to find the text I used and re-make them >_<.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I noticed this last night. Now I can't seem to get them back. X|
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Geeze…you know…it never even occurred to me to save links to searches. I would have never noticed anything changed if I hadn’t read this…. I always do things the unnecessarily complicated way. >__<

Could I take this opportunity to ask what text people are usually searching with? All I ever bother to look up is the small niche of the one series I collect. I know some people search for things like miscellaneous/unknown cels and I’ve been interested in looking at those but couldn’t figure out what text I needed to actually find anything. Only putting in ‘cel’ yields waaaay too many results for me to possibly look at them all, but when I tried translating ‘unknown’ into Japanese and added it to ‘cel’ I don’t think it’s the right wording/grammar/translation /etc, because I didn’t really get any results. I’m not sure how to search for things without being extremely specific or too vague to manage.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Ugh. Mine are still working, but I've got all those horrible ads, now. That will make browsing much more annoying...
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Sky Rat wrote:Could I take this opportunity to ask what text people are usually searching with? All I ever bother to look up is the small niche of the one series I collect.
I have a number of searches saved: series' titles that are lesser-known (and don't have their own category listings), links to seller searches, and some other random searches that have proven useful in the past.

I've noticed that only *some* of my searches are coming up empty/messed up. Others are just fine, and are displayed in the new format. I kinda think it's some of my older saved searches that are coming up empty now, so ... I guess all I have to do is convert those over. :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Sky Rat wrote:Geeze…you know…it never even occurred to me to save links to searches.
I never thought about saving the Japanese text before. Even when YJ changed their webpages before, the text would still show. I would cut and paste them over to the new page an save them again. No problem. This time it doesn't even show the text so it's going to be difficult finding that text again.

I can't get notepad to save Japanese text. There must be some way of saving them without using e-mail.

I've never used "unknown [item]" searches so I wouldn't be able to tell you. I've only used general searches such as "cel" and "genga".

You miss more things when you try to be too specific. Mostly I've just been using seller's links and anime title links (with various spellings for each). Then there are searches within specific categories that sometimes yield results too.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I never thought about saving the Japanese text before. Even when YJ changed their webpages before, the text would still show. I would cut and paste them over to the new page an save them again. No problem. This time it doesn't even show the text so it's going to be difficult finding that text again.
sometimes I just right click the bookmark and go to the property option and the text would show, not sure if that would work for you tho.
I can't get notepad to save Japanese text. There must be some way of saving them without using e-mail.
well I saved japanese on my notepad with no problem...but maybe because I changed all the options under the Regional and Language to japanese, since thats the requirement to mount some games on my computer anywways lol
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Keropi wrote: I never thought about saving the Japanese text before. Even when YJ changed their webpages before, the text would still show. I would cut and paste them over to the new page an save them again. No problem. This time it doesn't even show the text so it's going to be difficult finding that text again.

I've never used "unknown [item]" searches so I wouldn't be able to tell you. I've only used general searches such as "cel" and "genga".

You miss more things when you try to be too specific. Mostly I've just been using seller's links and anime title links (with various spellings for each). Then there are searches within specific categories that sometimes yield results too.
Is there a reason you don't want to use email? That's exactly what I've always done, I keep all the Japanese text I search for saved in a draft in my email and I just copy paste each time I search for anything (which is usually just a few different variations of 2 series titles; I don’t even need to get as specific as ‘cel’ since neither is a large category with lots of results.) If I didn't use my email I'd probably save the text in a locked blog post or something.... I don't use notepad though, I only use word and the Japanese characters work in that for me....email just seemed the most convenient since it enabled me to search from multiple computers instead of just my regular one. I really do feel rather idiotic though that it never occurred to me I could just save the search instead of always copy-pasting.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:well I saved japanese on my notepad with no problem...but maybe because I changed all the options under the Regional and Language to japanese, since thats the requirement to mount some games on my computer anywways lol
How were you able to do that? I couldn't find the settings to change to allow me to save Japanese text in Notepad.
Sky Rat wrote:Is there a reason you don't want to use email?
I save links in my e-mail before I go on trips so that I can search for production artwork while on vacation. But after awhile my links change and that particular e-mail moves off the front page.

I'd rather save the Japanese text in Notepad if possible. If that's not possible then I'll see if I can archive the text in my e-mail. I have about ninety five Yahoo Japan links and it would take me too long to cut and paste each of those in that fashion.