Question about Rinkya rates

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Question about Rinkya rates

Post by Sky Rat »

Do sketches/genga/douga fall under the category of ‘cel’ for Rinkya’s sale rates, or does that only count for a cel exactly?

I’ve sent an inquiry at the site, but I haven’t heard back yet and the time frame I have to pay for my auction is starting to wind down….
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

yes, sketches fall under the "cel" category [thank goodness X| ]
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

Settei does as well
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

That’s excellent, thanks!

Wish I’d bothered to ask that a long time ago!! >__< I always just assumed those things didn’t count, but I’m more stressed out about money now than I used to be so I figured I better look into that.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

obviously i'm a bad moogle.

i just always assmed sketches/douga fell under the cel category. reason being all anime is sketch based now anyways, so unless they create a sketch discount still using the cel one.
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

I didn't know sketches came under the 'cel' sales! I just assumed 'cels' meant 'cels' >_< I've bought so many skethes lately without using the sale rates! :O
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Blaster wrote:I didn't know sketches came under the 'cel' sales! I just assumed 'cels' meant 'cels' >_< I've bought so many skethes lately without using the sale rates! :O
Meeee tooo. I cringe when I think about it.

But Laurel responded to my inquiry last night and confirmed what everyone else has said!
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Noriko010884 »

I actually think the Rinkya rates are high! Don't get me wrong, they are a blessing for those of us who need their services but it's just so darned expensive! We need cheaper options!
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Noriko010884 wrote:I actually think the Rinkya rates are high! Don't get me wrong, they are a blessing for those of us who need their services but it's just so darned expensive! We need cheaper options!
I used to use a different deputy because their rates seemed lower, but I had a very bad experience with them (also, I don’t think the fees actually were lower…they only told you the commission charge upfront, I never knew until after the fact what the shipping within Japan and bank transfer fees etc would add up to. Usually it amounted to close to the same as Rinkya’s blanket handling fee, so the end charge always seemed like more than I was expecting, and not actually cheaper.)

I’ve found Rinkya’s service and customer communication really excellent, the peace of mind I have going through them is worth the price to me.

…But I do want to take full advantage of their rate discounts whenever possible. Whether something qualifies for their lower rates will usually be a determining factor in if I bid or not.
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Noriko010884 »

I didn't even know they did discounts. I need to spend more time online I think! ^_~
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Something I found out recently is that they added the ability to save on the in Japan shipping when you win multiple auctions from the same seller on the same day (happens a lot with sketch sets for me).

It's in the paycart section.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

JWR wrote:Something I found out recently is that they added the ability to save on the in Japan shipping when you win multiple auctions from the same seller on the same day (happens a lot with sketch sets for me).

I believe that is just a promotion at the moment for the summer. They did the same thing last year as well.
JWR

Post by JWR »

beatrush wrote:
JWR wrote:Something I found out recently is that they added the ability to save on the in Japan shipping when you win multiple auctions from the same seller on the same day (happens a lot with sketch sets for me).

I believe that is just a promotion at the moment for the summer. They did the same thing last year as well.
No I believe it's all year round now from what Heather told me.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

beatrush wrote:

I’m pretty sure I used the 'same seller same day' feature several months ago, not in summertime…I wasn’t really under the impression it was going away…

I realize that it says ‘sales extended’ on their sale info page…but they’ve had the cel and doujinshi sales listed as long as I can remember using their services (a few years now,) I assumed the extend date just kept getting pushed back indefinitely, and the ‘same seller same day’ option would along with that.

Is my memory just bad? I hope the sale prices don’t go away, it would definitely cause my use of YJ to decline.
Laurel-Rinkya

Post by Laurel-Rinkya »

No worries, all our sales are valid for a long time to come :wink:

Also, if you have not already- Like Rinkya on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/Rinkya

You still have a few hours to win a $20 commission credit!!