ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

who got this CCS layout?

Post by ReiTheJelly »

sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Not I: I'm working through a tight period of finances, or I'd have gone for it for my Ep. 40 collection. There aren't many images of the Dream Card. Congrats to whomever did snag her.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I think it's interesting how much detail was placed into the cups and Li's hand, but, when it came to drawing The Dream, the artist settled for a stick-figure-like rendering.

Maybe the artist is better at still life artwork than anime?

CCS backgrounds are always kind of a fun grab bag, especially when you go for one of Twin Angel's auctions for multiple backgrounds. In some cases, I've gotten really well drawn layouts and in others, what might amount to, on a good day, a really rough sketch.
sensei

Post by sensei »

The Card design might have been handled in the settei for that episode. When I got a set of sketches with The Card Without a Name (aka "Heart," "Love"), it came with some separate sketches that did nothing but work out the details of the Card design from the angle at which it was viewed. Including the parts that were behind Sakura's hand and shoulder.

But, yes, layout artists varied greatly in their attitude toward the task. Some from Inuyasha are nearly as nice as the gengas, while others are just scribbles that say "Inuyasha's waving his sword over on this side of the frame." While others seem to be quietly saying, "I'm a good enough artist to be doing key animation soon, right? right?"
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

nope, not me.

was wondering what the card was of.