Quick question

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Quick question

Post by majinuub »

I forgot to place a bid on an auction and it ended without any X| . Is there any way to contact the seller to see if they'll re-list or sell it privately?
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

I noticed that the seller has a few auctions up still but not for the one I want X| . Could someone please help me contact the seller to see if they still have it?Image
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Unless something has changed, I don't think you can send a message to a seller about an auction that has ended unless you are a bidder on it. (Possibly only the high bidder?)

The only time I have asked a seller about a closed auction which had ended without bids was when I had just won another auction of theirs -- AND they shipped internationally, which means I was dealing with them MYSELF. I was not trying to talk through a deputy service. That said, they were happy to sell me the cel in question and just added it to the auction I had won.

I think the best thing you could probably do would be to find someone else who has won (or is bidding on) one of the seller's other auctions and contact the seller that way. Less ideal would be to use the Q/A in one of the seller's current auctions to ask them to contact you about the closed auction. Either way, speaking personally, I wouldn't try it unless the seller was willing to deal with an international buyer and (like I said before) I was talking to them directly.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Actually the seller is willing to ship internationally but they have nothing I'm interested in that's up. If anyone is bidding on anything from seller aas30890 please let me know. Or if they can contact them and ask for me.
GuyvarIII

Post by GuyvarIII »

aas30890 is Anime World Star.

You can find their english language site here:
http://www.anime-world-star.com/2000/
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Yea I tried contacting their store before. They said that it's separate from their yahoo auctions X| . Dunno why that is though :( .
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

If it comes to it, would someone be willing to do dracs approach and bid on an auction and ask the seller to include the other one? The person can keep the cel if they wish.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

For Anime World Star, if you wait, they'll probably relist the cel. They relist things a lot. Incidentally, it was Anime World Star who sold me the cel I hadn't bid on before.

They have a lot of things listed, so you might put something in the Q/A in one of their other current actions asking about the closed auction. For best results with them (and ANY Japanese seller), I recommend using Japanese and I do NOT recommend a mechanical translator (example: a computer program) for something like this. Find someone who knows the language.

Again, unless something has changed, you do NOT need to have bid on an auction to ask something in the Q/A section on Yahoo Japan.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Drac of the Sharp Smiles wrote: Again, unless something has changed, you do NOT need to have bid on an auction to ask something in the Q/A section on Yahoo Japan.
You don't. It's kinda a place to clarify stuff about the item being offered or the seller's terms.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Exactly. Honestly, asking about a closed auction like that really isn't ideal, but it's a way to do it if you have no other way to contact them.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

First off thanks so much for the info to everyone who responded to this thread, it looks like I'm gonna need someone who can write Japanese and has a yj account to message them for me. It's been about 2 weeks and it still hasn't been relisted.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Ask Midori - she may do it for you.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

I doubt anything will happen but I will ask.