Credit cards on YJ... Anything I'm missing?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Credit cards on YJ... Anything I'm missing?

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Way back when, I had successfully registered my credit card to my Yahoo Japan account. Ever after, I was unable to change that information (something I found out when I tried to update the expiration date on my card). I did a lot of digging through the YJ site to try to find a way to update it and it seemed they only allowed Japanese issued cards. In the end, since everything kept working fine with the old expiration date, I just left it.

Fast forward to a couple years back and my credit card company, without my asking, up and changed my card number as a "security measure". I still was unable to change my card number in YJ and, once again, did a lot of digging through the site to see if I could find a way to update it. I still couldn't find a way, but since it was still allowing YJ to charge the old card number, I just left it once again.

Finally fast forward to last week and, years later, my card company has just now suddenly decided to NOT allow YJ to charge the old card number anymore. So NOW things aren't working anymore. I've spent a week digging through the site yet again and the only reference I've found at all to using a non-Japanese credit card is a sidenote on one of the help pages which (loosely translated) says that some foreign credit cards won't work. It did not seem to indicate that NO foreign credit cards would work. However, there was nothing more specific. Anyone here have any ideas on exactly what criteria the credit card has to have to work? Or am I mistranslating and truly NO foreign credit card will work anymore?

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

I dug this thread up about international credit cards not being accepted:
http://anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=25009