Wrong delivery....

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Wrong delivery....

Post by kathpatty »

First time for me....
I received the wrong items when I asked for delivery ....
Have already emailed SMJ
Has this happened to anyone else?
I am hoping for a happy ending, since of course, I ordered cels
Anyone?
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

The real question is, did you end up with anything exciting? :wink:
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

ReiTheJelly wrote:The real question is, did you end up with anything exciting? :wink:
If she did we would never have seen this thread :joke
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Yeah, twice in nine years. I got a pan Cutey Honey cel once and the person to whom it was supposed to go got a huge Tree of Palme cel + bg.

Then last year the SMJ staff in Japan bundled some of my big Tree of Palme cels with some other similar-sized lots, so that I got 3-4 hentai calendars as an omake.

As they come with the little tags still on them with the bidder's registered name, it's not real hard to find out who they belong to. In fact, the Cutey Honey cel's handle was the same one she used on her gallery, so we just got into contact and exchanged items.

Considering the volume of stuff, though, I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often. But then Tree of Palme cels aren't nearly as common as they were a couple of years ago.
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

JWR
If she did we would never have seen this thread Just Kidding
Thanks I needed a laugh...actually-nothing interesting at all

Sensei- thanks . Did yours turn out OK?

I emailed them with the auction numbers and the users ID info...I am just eager to get my items. You know..... the excitement of the package and then...what the heck?
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
sensei

Post by sensei »

kathpatty wrote:Sensei- thanks . Did yours turn out OK?

Yeah, but Nick's packer got fired, I believe. I even sent back the hentai calendars, though with some regrets. (One was for the previous year anyhow.)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

well, if its anime figurines then it might be mine order, but I'm still waiting for my delivery which hopefully I'll get by tomorrow.
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Yep I have had that happen a few times before. I just email them with a scan of the stuff that wasn't mine, and if the items aren't surprise freebies, they have me send it back to them (they covered the cost).

There was one time I felt bad about it though. The first time it happened I assumed they were freebies and never said anything. The 2 cels were not particularly expensive - around $20 each (from a show I don't collect from). I had the cels for nearly a year before I was contacted in a general email that they were looking for missing items.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

Yea, we've had a few incidents recently but should be sorted out. We've been cleaning up the store-room and switching to a new format for packing and storage. Probably not a good idea to do both at the same time, but we got it done. ;)

If that ever happens we'll pay or credit your account for return shipping and get it all sorted out.

We're actually the largest Japan-based deputy service out there. With thousands of items coming through every week from nearly just as many sellers (who more often than not don't mark what they ship), human error is bound to happen no matter how good we are.
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

Animechaos wrote:We're actually the largest Japan-based deputy service out there. With thousands of items coming through every week from nearly just as many sellers (who more often than not don't mark what they ship), human error is bound to happen no matter how good we are.
Holy wow. 8O I've always wondered how you guys sort everything and identify everything.

Also, random, but I've been really wanting to say thank you for your awesome service over the years, you've really been invaluable to me and always been the best. You guys are only human, too, and you guys run everything so incredibly smoothly. So really, thank you for everything. <3

ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Animechaos wrote:We're actually the largest Japan-based deputy service out there.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know? Do all the deputy-services out there compare notes, or something?
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

Just out of curiosity, how do you know? Do all the deputy-services out there compare notes, or something?
Company secret. 8)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

today my package arrived in excellent condition as usually, SMJ is awesome!!
Frosty
Anime Geek

Post by Frosty »

It happened to me one time that I got the wrong stuff. First I thought those cels were freebies together with my own cels, but then for sure I asked my deputy and he was happy to get the wrong sent cels back :D
It's Better to Burn Out than to Fade Away!