Did anyone here get this CCS cel?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Did anyone here get this CCS cel?

Post by Macron one »

I was bidding on a few CCS cel auctions on YJ today and was able to win most of the main ones i was interested in, except for this:

http://shoppingmalljapan.com/cgi-bin/de ... ?f98227302

During the last minutes of the auction it unfortunately got sniped by another SMJ bidder. Getting sniped doesn't bother me (after all, i sniped a couple of items today myself), but i am curious to know if an Anime-Beta member managed to get it, as it would be nice to see this cel show up in a rubberslug gallery.
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Not me, but did you win the swing shot? I was confused with SMJ a bit and couldn't up my bid. Kinda bummed but it would be nice if it was you who finally got it ^_^; It's a lovely shot.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Sure did! Sorry about that... It's never fun to lose as a result of internal bid-sniping, especially the first couple of times. It's ultimately a case of "you win some, you lose some" though, as i'm sure most collectors who regularly bid on heavily contested items have played the roll of both "sniper" and "snipee" on many occasions.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

I was confused with SMJ a bit and couldn't up my bid.
All you have to do is bid again, just higher. Or was there something else?
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

That's ok ^_^; At least I know where it is and that it's in good hands. As for SMJ, it wasn't about bidding, I just got confused whether I was the high bidder or not. Is there a place to check that or do you have to check your email to see if you were outbid?
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Wasn't me: I was auction-watching the batch of Rozen Maiden sketches showing Souseiseki running with scissors. (That's dangerous, especially if you're the series villain that she's running towards.)

The current spate of pan cels coming out on YJ is nice to watch and shows that there's still time and opportunity to build a great CCS collection, but so far I haven't gone for any. My congrats to the lucky winners and sincere feelings of solidarity with the outbidden.
sensei

Post by sensei »

KuroiTsubasa4 wrote: I just got confused whether I was the high bidder or not. Is there a place to check that or do you have to check your email to see if you were outbid?
Refresh the "Your Items" page often. If you're internally sniped, that will show up at once there. The notifying email warning you of the snipe usually doesn't arrive until after the auction is over. :^_^:

When the auction ends, "Your Items" will still say "Snipe bid pending," but that's good, because that means your internal bid is still the highest one.
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Hmm, didn't see that, coulda sworn it just had my bid allowance. But I was reading pretty fast cuz I was trying to figure it out in the time limit ^_^; Oh well, I'll figure it out. Thanks sensei :)
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Did anyone here get this CCS cel?

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Macron one wrote:I was bidding on a few CCS cel auctions on YJ today and was able to win most of the main ones i was interested in, except for this:

http://shoppingmalljapan.com/cgi-bin/de ... ?f98227302

During the last minutes of the auction it unfortunately got sniped by another SMJ bidder. Getting sniped doesn't bother me (after all, i sniped a couple of items today myself), but i am curious to know if an Anime-Beta member managed to get it, as it would be nice to see this cel show up in a rubberslug gallery.
That was us. :emb We couldn't resist pairing this background with the other one we got from this scene on BWA. :wink:
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Congratulations on winning the auction, Angelic-Lair! It's a nice cel and a memorable moment from the anime. So you also got the sequence-mate that was in the most recent BWA? I was interested in that one too, but it went for a bit more money than i was willing to pay. I'm glad both are going to a collector who will display them in an online gallery!

sensei wrote:The current spate of pan cels coming out on YJ is nice to watch and shows that there's still time and opportunity to build a great CCS collection, but so far I haven't gone for any. My congrats to the lucky winners and sincere feelings of solidarity with the outbidden.
I've likewise been impressed by the number of CCS cels showing up with matching backgrounds. It used to be very rare to see that outside of Mandarake's BWA, but there's been a lot of them on YJ lately. LOTS of hanken genga too. Alas still no hanken cels whatsoever :(
It's weird......considering the sheer amount of merchandise and official art that CCS has, there have to be many hundreds of hanken cels out there, but i've never seen anything show up on YJ or Mandarake since i started collecting over a year and a half ago.
sensei

Post by sensei »

considering the sheer amount of merchandise and official art that CCS has, there have to be many hundreds of hanken cels out there, but i've never seen anything show up on YJ or Mandarake since i started collecting over a year and a half ago.
You may need to develop a personal contact with a Japanese source for these. The very nicest ones I've seen appear in galleries arrived, as I understand, through private deals transacted during visits to Japan or as a consequence of business relationships struck up during such visits.
Last edited by sensei on Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
sensei

Post by sensei »

KuroiTsubasa4 wrote:Hmm, didn't see that, coulda sworn it just had my bid allowance.
Yeah, sometimes if you're sniped, your bid just vanishes off "Your Items" altogether. You should see the item up above your bid allowance, with some kind of indication such as "Running" or maybe "Bid too low" if an external bidder has your reserve topped. But if the item drops off the radar altogether, that usually means you've been internally sniped by another SMJ bidder.

It's a good idea if you're auction-watching to have another window open with a swamping bid ready to post at the click of a mouse. I'd explain how to do this, but I'd be telling secrets that I might like to keep under my hat when the next CCS auction comes around. :dgrin
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Macron one wrote:It's weird......considering the sheer amount of merchandise and official art that CCS has, there have to be many hundreds of hanken cels out there, but i've never seen anything show up on YJ or Mandarake since i started collecting over a year and a half ago.
Most of the hanken cels that are being sold are being sold privately. Unlike YJ, where prices are reasonable, private sale prices are much, much higher. Most of the CCS hanken cel prices I've seen have been anywhere from US$4000-$7000, but most of them are in the range of $5500-$6500. And then, in addition to this price, you may have to add in the expense of traveling to the location for pick-up.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

cutiebunny wrote:Unlike YJ, where prices are reasonable, private sale prices are much, much higher. Most of the CCS hanken cel prices I've seen have been anywhere from US$4000-$7000, but most of them are in the range of $5500-$6500. And then, in addition to this price, you may have to add in the expense of traveling to the location for pick-up.
Yikes! That's well beyond what i would ever consider paying for a single cel. Looks like i can safely stop entertaining any hope of acquiring such a piece, i guess.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

sensei wrote:Yeah, sometimes if you're sniped, your bid just vanishes off "Your Items" altogether. You should see the item up above your bid allowance, with some kind of indication such as "Running" or maybe "Bid too low" if an external bidder has your reserve topped. But if the item drops off the radar altogether, that usually means you've been internally sniped by another SMJ bidder.

It's a good idea if you're auction-watching to have another window open with a swamping bid ready to post at the click of a mouse. I'd explain how to do this, but I'd be telling secrets that I might like to keep under my hat when the next CCS auction comes around. :dgrin
Heh...I don't recall ever intentionally bidding with the same deputy to end the auction on a win. I've always used another deputy to raise the price when I had the ability to do so (when I had access to doing so). Once I unintentionally bid with the same deputy to win an auction, but that was only because the auction was nearly over and the other person bid between the period of when I refreshed the auction and when I put in my bid. I found out about the other person's bid after my bid went through and the screen was refreshed.