Bidding on items that won't internationally ship

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
ssvegito04
Anime Geek

Bidding on items that won't internationally ship

Post by ssvegito04 »

Hi all,
I am new to these auction sites and I just wanted to get some clarification on what and what not to bid on in Shopping Mall Japan. There is a Majin Vegeta sketch which I really want, however when i translated the page it said that this item was not available for international shipping.

http://smjsearch.com/cgi-bin/b.cgi?d105817389

What are my options on this?

Also, there are a couple of auctions that won't even accept deputy bids? What could I do about these?

Thanks
ssvegito04
You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps... his PRIDE!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Bidding on items that won't internationally ship

Post by sensei »

The seller of your sketch, twin_angels_xx, will happily ship items you win to SMJ's Japanside facility, which will see that they get overseas to you. This is a very active consignment seller, and I've gotten a large number of fine pieces through this seller with the help of SMJ. It's just that twin_angels_xx won't deal directly with foreign buyers.

As for sites that don't accept deputy bids, you'll need to check with Nick. SMJ has a forum where you can probably get more specific info, and also a Facebook page that handles queries like these. There is one notorious seller by the name of kamisama4096 that had a long and somewhat offensive bit on each of his items saying that all deputy service bids on items he offered would be cancelled, unless they were placed through one particular middleman he designated. (But now I see that this bit has been eliminated from his lots, so maybe he's reconsidered.)

But the twin_angels sketches are yours to bid on. Ganbatte and good luck!
ssvegito04
Anime Geek

Post by ssvegito04 »

Wow, I'm impressed. You were spot on, it was the same seller you mentioned that banned all deputies in there sale

http://smjsearch.com/cgi-bin/b.cgi?u36655026

Prob a little to much for the cel anyway.
Thanks for the info sensei
You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps... his PRIDE!
sensei

Post by sensei »

ssvegito04 wrote:Prob a little to much for the cel anyway.
Yeah, I've always found his items a bit overpriced compared to others of similar quality from different sellers. But people who did break down and use his personalized service said that it was OK. Still, the same inventory tends to come up again and again after a couple weeks' break. In time you'll develop a sense for who's a good source of high-end stuff and who's not. In the meantime, feel free to ask.
ssvegito04
Anime Geek

Post by ssvegito04 »

Thanks sensei, I really do appreciate it