suspicious auction, need help making sense of it.

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: suspicious auction, need help making sense of it.

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

sensei wrote:Actually I guess this makes me :badass a "big time collector" :badass as I seem to have no problem finding something good for sale. :dgrin
:D
I read the various grumbly posts by other collectors who keep saying that the anime art market has gone South and all the good cels are past and gone. But I don't see it. It is true that for some series the inventory has vanished almost completely: the interesting early CGI series Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, for instance, for which I've seen only one lot go up in the last 3-4 years (on Mandarake). But overall I've found myself diversifying, watching for series for which eyeworthy art does show up for sale and being very patient on the rest. Just last week a nice batch of TnN OP/high-end character cels popped up on YHJ, and the same has happened in other series as well. There is inventory out there still, even it it's not the hog heaven that existed a few years after some important series wrapped up.
it is true that since there isn't much to collect from the shows I started on, in the past year I have widened my selection on titles. as time went by I also found myself becoming pickier on the titles I mainly had collected. honestly though, I hope to see most of my wishlist cels showing up for bid/buy during my anime cel collecting career(I'm guessing between 5-10 years).
I've gotten used to it over time, and feel it has the advantage of encouraging you to place your max bid when you go to bed, and then go get a good night's sleep, knowing that if you're outbid, it's by someone who honestly wanted the item more than you.
I agree. that way I also have something to looks forward to wake up in the morning :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: suspicious auction, need help making sense of it.

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

As per setting up a YHJ account... Hmm, maybe I should start a "step by step - how to create a YHJ basic account thread" if enough ppl are interested. That way, ppl can bid on stuff that's less than 5000 yen without deputys - you'd have to check with the seller if they're willing to ship overseas/accept an IPMO before bidding tho. Oh, and the really great thing about having a YHJ account is that you can set up to three "Key Word Alerts" and be notified immediately (or once a day in bulk) if something goes up that matches. I have several free YHJ accounts just for the alerts :D
that would by interesting, on the other hand it sounds complicated and a bit selective. it would be good to have this thread so people would have this option :)