searching for a cheap/reliable deputy

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: searching for a cheap/reliable deputy

Post by Angelic-Lair »

D123 wrote:I don’t know how different it is for people outside the U.S but what I do know is paying $40.00 for a 1yen item is highway robbery :wow:
Unless you're dealing directly with the seller (in which case you wouldn't need a deputy anyway) there will always be an internal shipping fee, a money transfer fee and, in most cases, a commission (the deputy's cut). It doesn't matter whether you use Rinkya, SMJ or Celga, you can't avoid these fees (though they can vary).

That said, Rinkya doesn't charge a commission for items under 1000 yen; they only charge the internal shipping/money transfer fees, so you usually end up spending less with their service.

We understand everybody has different opinions about deputies. We've also shopped around in the past. We'd be happy to share our horror stories with SMJ. :P No deputy is perfect, but overall we have been happiest with Rinkya. We have been with Rinkya for 8 years now, and bought hundreds of items through their service. We will leave it at that as it is off-topic and ReiTheJelly is looking for a different deputy. Unfortunately, aside from Rinkya, SMJ and Celga, we have not had experience with the other deputies out there.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Angelic-Lair wrote:We'd be happy to share our horror stories with SMJ. :P.
I’m sure we all have our horror stories :wink:
Angelic-Lair wrote:We will leave it at that as it is off-topic and ReiTheJelly is looking for a different deputy.

Yes I don’t want to argue :)
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

We'd be happy to share our horror stories with SMJ.
If there is something you want to discuss drop me an email, or even a PM over the forums here. Nobody using our service should have "horror stories" and if something
does happen me and my staff should be working with you to fix it. :bow
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Angelic-Lair wrote:That said, Rinkya doesn't charge a commission for items under 1000 yen; they only charge the internal shipping/money transfer fees, so you usually end up spending less with their service.
That was the impression I was under too, but *Sniff* that wasn't the case with me. :bawl

Price on YJ: 1 yen ($0.01)
Commission: $4.00 (based on YJ and Rinkya runner up)
Handling fee: $15 (YJ to Rinkya)
--------------------------------------------------
Total due: $19.01 (excludes S/H to USA)

Plus $20 SAL shipping, which makes it $39.01.

They charged me $19 bucks for commission/handling fee, and seriously, $39.01 is a HELL of an increase from a ONE YEN win. I hate their "Rinkya runner up fee." It's ridiculous - I've been bulldozed by this several times. :hurt: Considering I'm always bidding against the same "Rinkya runner up," it's obvious I'm going to continue getting burned by this. I understand they need to make money, but I'm not a fan of companies who milk money from their customers at every given chance. Storing things longer than a month would have helped, but... apparently that requires more money, of course.... :O

Glad some ppl like them, but Rinkya was not for me. :shrug I started using a deputy service this year cuz it made things easier, but my relationship with Rinkya lasted 4 months too long. :sweatdrop

I haven't used any other deputy services so like ReiTheJelly, I'm all ears. :D