Dragonball eyecatch cel

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Dragonball eyecatch cel

Post by majinuub »

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f109321042

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e125441635

For the eye catch, all I can say is :jaw .The last time I saw the eye-catch auction, it was at about 120,000, then 2 heavy hitters jumped into a bid war and I was just in awe as the auction went higher and higher.

The cels themselves appear to be in good condition considering their age.
PandemoniumonParade

Re: Dragonball eyecatch cel

Post by PandemoniumonParade »

Holy hole in a donut, Batman, that's a lot of bread!! 8O I saw those auctions at their infancy but missed seeing the actual bidding war. Phew, sales like that tend to make me feel a little destitute, especially considering those puppies basically sold for the equivalent of what I still have to pay back in student loans. Sometimes I forget just how big the pockets of some cel folk are! :l
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

That's pretty awesome. Although for the more popular shows, I imagine that $10k for an eyecatch is nothing...
ssvegito04
Anime Geek

Post by ssvegito04 »

Holy Crap.

I was watching these, had no intention on bidding, but I was interested in the final price. Forgot all about it. I am blown away. Congrats to who got them though, I'm sure they will only go up

Wow!
You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps... his PRIDE!
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

:jaw

That is and unbelievable price! That's over £6,000, the highest I have ever seen a DB cel go for.

I'm sure there were some DB eyecatches that came up for auction years back and sold for about $900.

But then again those type of shots are once in a lifetime for most collectors and the show is still extremely popular.

I'd love an eyecatch from DBZ, never seen one though and at that price doubt I'd ever win one :hurt:
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Actually DBZ opening/eyecatch cels are somewhat affordable nowadays. The last BWA was definitive proof of this with the Goku/Bubbles/Kai op cel selling for less than ¥50,000(granted it wasn't the best shot but still...)). Also a few eyecatch/opening cels from the last season have sold/for sale for $500-$1000. Anyway I was always under the impression that original DB cels will always command the higher prices compared to the other 2 series.
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Yeah I have seen some DBZ OP cels being offered at bargain prices recently. I think I remember seeing the one you're talking about. Was it from this eyecatch sequence majinuub?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... cher_2.png

Even so though 813,000 JPY is just completely a league of it's own 8O

I'm sure Dragonball eyecatches have been sold for significantly less in the past, I wonder what has drove the price up so high.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Maybe they do, I always thought DBZ was pretty much the most popular though and it's that and demand that ultimately determine prices you'd think.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Yes that was it only it was the very 1st one with videl/gohan. I recall one for sale on mandarake and another on yahoo. I don't remember ever seeing any DB eycatches for sale especially one in this condition with the OBG.
ssvegito04
Anime Geek

Post by ssvegito04 »

I still can't get over that price.

Its funny, because now when i see cels selling for a couple of thousand, I laugh at their insignificance.......................no I don't, I cry because I can't afford them :bawl
You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps... his PRIDE!
lma333
Anime Geek

Post by lma333 »

I think that i have the explanation ... To have a final price that high , you just need 2 crazy guys who really want this 2 cels . Me and an other guy ... :D
I'm totally agree with you , i think the price went way too far, but in the other hand , it's very rare to see this kind of pieces so to give a price on that , it's very hard... I wanted to have both but i got the Op , and he got the eye catch... That's life :O
But i hope seeing another one soon 8)
lma333
Anime Geek

Post by lma333 »

Oops double posted X|
Sorry ...
ssvegito04
Anime Geek

Post by ssvegito04 »

Really lma333? You got one? Wow! You really must have been after it. I guess you can't put a price on them though.

Well done, hopefully one day I can match your enthusiasm..........and wallet size :wink:

Also, I see that you have in your possession some awesome Vegeta cels. If you ever want or need to sell any please PM me first :)
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

A waste of cash, better to buy during the first Mandarake sale :) :cheers
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

iceman57 wrote:A waste of cash, better to buy during the first Mandarake sale :) :cheers

I disagree. It's hard to put a price on what you love. I've spent crazy amounts on stuff that some might consider a "waste" but if it's something I love, I could care less about other opinions.

In regards to a Mandarake sale, I'd consider it more wasteful to buy something I wasn't totally happy with just because it was a deal.

But anywas, congrats on winning the OP cel. Can't wait to see it in your gallery. :bounce