interesting SE:Lain Draft layer6 :I

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Lain
Anime Geek

interesting SE:Lain Draft layer6 :I

Post by Lain »

Hi
I am starting to get excited again on YJ
I have found yesterday a kool SEL item "Serial Experiments Lain Production lain Draft script Ver 1 Layer 6"
Now this looks interesting and as most Anime beta fans know i am a diehard lain fan :)
*I would love to know any information or details on the item?
As i am new to Japan anime production items
Any information would be super, as the start bid price is 35,000 yen so i got to make sure it's a real production piece from SEL
Here is the link-
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r95853866
My Serial Experiments Lain Page.
I am slowly getting around to adding my lain merchandise to my flickr page and lain cel's (^.^) i own 1
And say hi to my mod happy eggy bunny :)
http://animelife.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://www.flickr.com/photos/serial_experiments_lain/ Image
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: interesting SE:Lain Draft layer6 :I

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hmm, interesting item. I don't do much collecting of conte, mostly because they are often copies of copies which have little collectibility (I've never seen original drafts of conte before), but according to this is a first draft conte. I've never seen something like this either. I would be interested in knowing whether or not such things are possible (that first drafts of conte do exist) and whether or not it is copied or original-- it looks copied to me. And, I find it interesting as well that the item title is the only thing that claims this is a "first draft" conte. It doesn't say that anywhere on the actual item. Anyway, i think someone who knows more about conte could help advise you some more. :)

If it's a normal, copied conte, the base price should be around $15-20, not $350 like this one...
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

Rekka Alexiel wrote:Hmm, interesting item. I don't do much collecting of conte, mostly because they are often copies of copies which have little collectibility (I've never seen original drafts of conte before), but according to this is a first draft conte. I've never seen something like this either. I would be interested in knowing whether or not such things are possible (that first drafts of conte do exist) and whether or not it is copied or original-- it looks copied to me. And, I find it interesting as well that the item title is the only thing that claims this is a "first draft" conte. It doesn't say that anywhere on the actual item. Anyway, i think someone who knows more about conte could help advise you some more. :)

If it's a normal, copied conte, the base price should be around $15-20, not $350 like this one...
:) Thanks for the reply
I think this type of draft , by looking at its condition maybe a copy , and i would say (i think?) they would probably make a number of these drafts for the production team.
But if they were original drawings bonus! :P
And yes the price i am not sure about....
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

lol! My s.o. is also a "die-hard fan" and owns every single storyboard for the series and I can tell you without a doubt this is just a photocopy-- and probably a 2nd generation copy at that. :hurt: And the price is way absurd. :roll: Though some of the storyboards are incredibly rare having only popped up once in the 14 years the series has been around, they *still* never went beyond 15-20,000 yen when there was a intense bidding war.
I'd save my money for real deal stuff IMO like cels and sketches. But that's just my taste. :wink:
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

Shampoo wrote:lol! My s.o. is also a "die-hard fan" and owns every single storyboard for the series and I can tell you without a doubt this is just a photocopy-- and probably a 2nd generation copy at that. :hurt: And the price is way absurd. :roll: Though some of the storyboards are incredibly rare having only popped up once in the 14 years the series has been around, they *still* never went beyond 15-20,000 yen when there was a intense bidding war.
I'd save my money for real deal stuff IMO like cels and sketches. But that's just my taste. :wink:
8O omg kool :D
I was just wondering would it be oki with your partner could maybe can PM or email me same of the SEL storyboards.
I'd luv to see and just asking so i can learn to know what to look for in the future :cat
And are your partners storyboards look like the booklet form like in the auction? Or are they all separate items?

But with this Yahoo Japan- It's weird i did the google translation of the title and got this-
?Shochu Chiaki first draft storyboard Episode 6 serial experiments lain ?Rain?
-->Shochu Chiaki?<--- I can not get a translation on this word? :gossip:
My Serial Experiments Lain Page.
I am slowly getting around to adding my lain merchandise to my flickr page and lain cel's (^.^) i own 1
And say hi to my mod happy eggy bunny :)
http://animelife.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://www.flickr.com/photos/serial_experiments_lain/ Image
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Lain wrote:But with this Yahoo Japan- It's weird i did the google translation of the title and got this-
?Shochu Chiaki first draft storyboard Episode 6 serial experiments lain ?Rain?
-->Shochu Chiaki?<--- I can not get a translation on this word? :gossip:
"Shochu Chiaki" is actually pronounced "Konaka Chiaki" (last name first). He did the screenplay for Lain.

In general, if you're looking for an original piece look for the word "直筆" (Jikihitsu) - it literally means "directly penned" (handwritten), hence it's an original. Unless it says 直筆, always assume it's a photocopy or a reproduction. :wink:
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »