Question about an auction (Sailor Moon illustrations)

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Question about an auction (Sailor Moon illustrations)

Post by Macron one »

Earlier today, i bid on three auctions of what i think are original illustrations by a doujin artist, and have just won two of them, an illustration of Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura and a set of 2 illustrations of Ami and Hotaro from Sailor Moon:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/161952250

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/161951966

After doing a google translation on these, i'm reasonably confident that the Tomoyo illustration is by a doujin/manga artist called Koh Kawarajima and was used for the cover of an old doujinshi. The other auction is still not quite clear to me though. One of these appears to also be by Koh Kawarajima, but the second illustration has a different autograph, which makes me wonder if it was done by a different artist. The translation i ran on the auction doesn't seem to be very clear on what these ones were originally used for either (Doujin cover?..Poster?...Artbook?.. Something else?).

Do any of you guys happen to know where these two Sailor Moon illustrations were originally used for and/or the identity of the artist of the illustration that bears the different autograph? It would be great if their origin could be identified!
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Re: Question about an auction (Sailor Moon illustrations)

Post by Promethium »

What a strange coincidence. A fellow beta member contacted me today about translating a description for an item from this exact same seller. Guess he's a popular seller?

I'm not familiar with dojinshi stuff, but apparently Koh Kawarajima is a popular (old school) dojinshi artist so all the info came up fairly easily.

All three illustrations were drawn by Koh Kawarajima. Two of the autographs are signed in English and one is signed in Japanese, hence the different style autographs. FYI- according to JP wiki, "Koh Kawarajima" is two artists, Kawashima & Hiroyuki Karashima (pseudonyms, too).

The Tomoyo illustration was the cover of "Sakuraame Final Vol.3" (Sakura Candy Final Vol. 3), a 18+ dojinshi series.

The Hotaru & Ami illustrations were the covers from the AmiHota 18+ dojinshi series.
The clothed one was the cover for "AmiHota Side: A/B/C"
The buff one was the cover for "Amihota!! Side : b"

Hope that answers all your questions. :)
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Promethium wrote:Hope that answers all your questions. :)
Indeed it does!
Thank you for the excellent detective work, Promethium. You rock! 8)
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

You're welcome. Glad to help. :)