I don't understand how this works...

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

I don't understand how this works...

Post by kizu »

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but when bidding on YJ auctions using SMJ's snipe I'm a bit confused with how it works. In the past you could bid and it was cancellable. Then I noticed a month or so ago there was a time you couldn't cancel anymore eventhough no bid was placed yet. Then all of a sudden I notice the auction itself sometimes disappear from your page eventhough the auction isn't finished yet. I guess I don't understand how this process works now. I thought it was much more simpler when you could place a bid and then it was on your page until the moment the snipe bid is placed, I believe back then it didn't even disappear even if you lost the initial snipe bid.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Re: I don't understand how this works...

Post by Macron one »

From my experience, SMJ's sniping feature can't be used within the last 30 minutes of an auction, and it is at that point impossible to cancel an existing sniping bid. If the amount of money that's being bid on an auction exceeds the amount of your impending sniping bid, the auction will show up as "lost" if a non-SMJ user bid said amount. If you're being internally outbid by another SMJ user, the auction will instead disappear from your SMJ account alltogether. I think that's more or less how it works.
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: I don't understand how this works...

Post by kizu »

Oh wow. That's totally complicated and a bit weird for me. But I appreciate the info on how that works. It explained some of the issues I was experiencing :)
It's a problem I think for internal bidding as that presents a number of disadvantages. I think I'll just be good then and bid the usual and straightforward way. :^^: