paying with overseas card?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
hgeek23
Juuyaku - Executive

paying with overseas card?

Post by hgeek23 »

I've been in Tokyo on an internship for over a month. i have a little under a month to go. while i was here i figured why not buy some genga on YHJ--it indicated that yahoo easy payment accepted visa cards.
Well, guess there's a problem with overseas visa cards. Has anyone else encountered this? I'd rather not give up on this. anyone have any advice?
Thanks!
hgeek23
Follow my olympics journey! http://www.IsraelSkeleton.com http://www.fb.com/IsraelSkeletonAJ
Israel's National Skeleton Athlete, the HebrewHammer.
Avid otaku.
http://www.9000.rubberslug.com
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Re: paying with overseas card?

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Yeah, you may want to give up. I tried so many times to get my card to work. I thought it was because of the apostrophe in my last name, or the fact that I had a middle name. So I tried to enter my info differently, then it failed the authorization check. It doesn't like the different length phone number we have in the US either. I even tried to apply for a Japanese credit card but it's really difficult for foreigners to get them apparently. I got turned down for the card and my Japanese friend couldn't figure out why. I don't recall getting a reply when I tried to ask YAJ for help either so...I gave up. At least it's a built in deterrent from bidding over 5000 on anything XD And then if I reaaaaaaaaally want an item I use SMJ.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Save your time and give up now. A very long time ago, it was possible to use a loophole on Yahoo Japan to get it to accept foreign credit cards (albeit, not debit cards). I had put my own in that way and it stayed fine until my credit card company changed my number "to prevent fraud". I wanted to kill them, because nothing I've tried has allowed me to reenter a US credit card on Yahoo Japan. I tried for MONTHS. The original loophole I used way back when has long been closed off.

As far as getting a Japanese credit card, I was never able to overcome that either. Any one I tried to get needed you to have a Japanese bank account. So I tried to get a Japanese bank account, and anywhere I looked for that required you to have an address in Japan. Since I'm not buying a summer home in Japan just to bid on Yahoo Japan, I'm at a dead end.

If anyone here DOES manage to find a roundabout way to enter a US credit card on Yahoo Japan, let me know. I would love to know how and be able to reactivate my account.

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I could never get my US card to work with my YJ account either. But since I live in Japan and have a Japanese credit card, it all works fine for me. :p I think this is just another way to limit who can pay by credit card and thusly who can use YJ. Maybe it helps to weed out bad bidders or something. *shrug* I do remember being annoyed by it.