Is gyian2007 a scammer??? Yu-gi-oh art

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Goldknight
RULER

Re: Is gyian2007 a scammer??? Yu-gi-oh art

Post by Goldknight »

Topic moved to YJ section.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

JWR wrote:I would not be surprised if it was a mixup in shipping by the seller. I also guess that who ever received your artwork may have "played dumb" ("No I did not receive that I only got my order") and kept the art instead of returning it. (not everyone is honest)
With your deputy it may well have been the fact you mentioned that you had put this out there on a forum that got them to act in your favor. Publicity can be a major factor in forcing action.

It will be good that you will get this resolved even though I am sure you would rather have the artwork you bid on.
I agree with Joe here... I've bought artwork from that YJ seller before and never not gotten what I paid for, so perhaps either the deputy shipped you the wrong item, or the seller shipped the wrong item to the deputy. Either way, someone should be trying to make it right somehow. ;)
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

I have not had any problems with this seller and have bought several rough genga sets from shows ranging Chobits to School Rumble in the past. Perhaps a cel or two from Sailor Moon, but I cannot be certain.

Recently, I've done business with this seller. Always good quality items offered, seller ships quickly to deputy I used at time of purchase. I have never had a problem with my order; and, he or she threw in a freebie one time in the past. I have not heard of Buyee though, uncertain how to evaluate their service. Might have been a mix up either by the deputy itself or the seller.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Bockamos

Post by Bockamos »

Cool. It definitely wasn't the deputy's fault because they contacted the seller for me several times and all they kept replying was 'send the item back or to offer me a 3000 yen discount'. It all worked out, but I'm guessing the seller just sent the wrong item. It just would have been nice if they admit that :)
"EXODIA, OBLITERATE!!!"

Bockamos

Post by Bockamos »

Ok so after everything I mentioned previously, my packages (4 sets of sketches and cels) arrived the other day from Japan and all the Yu-Gi-Oh! Sketches of the Pharaoh were in the box (the ones that I was originally supposed to get).

Therefore, I am more confused: Did my deputy send me the wrong item or did the seller rectify the issue by sending me the sketches in the end. I don't know as both parties aren't communicating with me, but in the end I have the sketches I purchased in the first place along with a total refund. So I guess thats a win for me :). I'll post them on my rubberslug page once I add some more scans and make it public.
Last edited by Bockamos on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"EXODIA, OBLITERATE!!!"

sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

That's good news. I'm sorry you've run into such a hassle early on in your collecting, but it now looks like a mistake by the seller and a misjudgment by the DS on how to handle it. I'd say you're probably better off using a DS like SMJ or Rinkya (or Celga? Any Celgarians left on Beta?), which have a better track record for taking your side when a plain mistake or possible switcharoo is perpetrated. Anyhow, a little exposure on Beta, which can be awfully quiet at times but still is checked by more people than we know, seems to have helped bring this to a good conclusion.
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

is this seller also using another name, nbtk2007, to list auction items? also, i think i also just experienced a mix-up from gyian2007.

a few months ago, i was under the impression that i was buying original roughs of Ana from Godannar. i let the item sit in the SMJ warehouse until i bought a Chobits genga set from the same seller not to long afterward. i got SMJs email reminder not too long ago notifying me that it's time to ship out my stuff. when i received my sets, i was a bit perplexed and perturbed as to why i received layouts of Ana instead of the original roughs the seller had advertised months ago. i did not have a problem with the other set from the other show. (note, i havent contacted SMJ yet.) all i remember is not wanting to pay the full asking price of BIN, so i placed an opening auction bid on it for the Dannar set. the layouts are real, but it seems that gyian2007 took out the original roughs and left me with a couple of the correction sheets that go with the roughs and mainly all layouts.

nbtk2007 seems to be advertising roughs of Ana as well from the same scene i originally thought i was buying roughs from gyian2007. i'm not sure if there is anything that can be done in my case as of yet. i let my purchase sit in the warehouse for a couple of months. not even sure if i should test nbtk2007 out by paying full price for the rough set and have it immediately shipped to see if it was what i originally thought i was purchasing from gyian2007 either.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Bockamos

Post by Bockamos »

Damn, that sucks but you should definitely look into it and email the deputy about your situation. I was seriously going to let it go, but I looked into and ended up getting a full refund on the item + postage.

You shouldn't have to pay for an item if its different than what they advertised.

Also I'm still quite new and I'm not sure if this seller goes by any other names, but it is quite strange that the other name you mentioned also had 2007 at the end.

Anyways good luck and let me know how everything goes.
"EXODIA, OBLITERATE!!!"