Ordering on YJ through different sites

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Ordering on YJ through different sites

Post by Ichigos »

What are some good websites to order on Yahoo Auction Japan from? I have a few auctions on Shopping Mall Japan that I've won and one of the auctions is in the process of being shipped to me. ^^

Anyone want to rate their service? (Or other websites services) ? :3
Image Image
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Ordering on YJ through different sites

Post by sensei »

Shopping Mall Japan is a solid deputy service that I've used for many years with much satisfaction and very few problems.

I must say, however, that Rinkya is worth checking out for a very versatile website whose clever designers could stand to give Obama some guidance. The "autobid" function is more flexible than SMJ, as you can set a time for the bid to be placed and also a backup bid in case the first one is not enough. And the automatic notices that indicate when bids have been placed, outbid by a rival, or have won are more timely than SMJ's, which tend to arrive well after the auction time has run out. Also I like the automatic notice when a cel has arrived at Rinkya's storage facility and is available for shipping.

There are differences in the fee structure, with SMJ being more incremental and Rinkya having set fees for wider ranges of winning prices. That makes winning at the bottom end of these ranges less of a good deal than winning at the top end. And Rinkya asks you to pay up upon winning, while SMJ does not bill until they have the item in hand, which makes deadbeat sellers easier to deal with. Still, there are lots of loyal Rinkya users in Beta (all surprisingly quiet at the moment), so I'd say check out their website.

I've never used "Buyee" but I know it is yet another option, this one operated by Japan-side middlemen with competence in English.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

sensei wrote:Shopping Mall Japan is a solid deputy service that I've used for many years with much satisfaction and very few problems.

I must say, however, that Rinkya is worth checking out for a very versatile website whose clever designers could stand to give Obama some guidance. The "autobid" function is more flexible than SMJ, as you can set a time for the bid to be placed and also a backup bid in case the first one is not enough. And the automatic notices that indicate when bids have been placed, outbid by a rival, or have won are more timely than SMJ's, which tend to arrive well after the auction time has run out. Also I like the automatic notice when a cel has arrived at Rinkya's storage facility and is available for shipping.

There are differences in the fee structure, with SMJ being more incremental and Rinkya having set fees for wider ranges of winning prices. That makes winning at the bottom end of these ranges less of a good deal than winning at the top end. And Rinkya asks you to pay up upon winning, while SMJ does not bill until they have the item in hand, which makes deadbeat sellers easier to deal with. Still, there are lots of loyal Rinkya users in Beta (all surprisingly quiet at the moment), so I'd say check out their website.

I've never used "Buyee" but I know it is yet another option, this one operated by Japan-side middlemen with competence in English.

:rollin :rollin
LOL Sensei, you're awesome, we all knew you'd handle this post perfectly, so that's what we was all waitin' fer...
Yes, I am a Rinkya user, tried at one point to sign up for SMJ but things just did not work out there so I've been
a faithful Rinkya customer for years, they have really excellent customer service for any concerns and/or questions, the fees can add up really quick but that is basically the case for all deputies, it is their business and they do provide a worthy service.
I have heard much good about SMJ as well, just Rinkya is where I ended up, and both provide trustworthy services.
sensei

Post by sensei »

teggacat wrote:LOL Sensei, you're awesome, we all knew you'd handle this post perfectly, so that's what we was all waitin' fer...
:emb I just thought it was awfully quiet on Beta and was looking for an opportunity to see if my new avatar worked as I'd hoped. :hippy

Any Celga users? I see that their website is up and running. Do they still give free cel bags when they ship your goods?
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

sensei wrote:
teggacat wrote:LOL Sensei, you're awesome, we all knew you'd handle this post perfectly, so that's what we was all waitin' fer...
:emb I just thought it was awfully quiet on Beta and was looking for an opportunity to see if my new avatar worked as I'd hoped. :hippy

Any Celga users? I see that their website is up and running. Do they still give free cel bags when they ship your goods?
Celga user here,

I have been with them since they created the service (don't even remember when that was).

Their fees are, to sumarize up a bit, for items between 10K-20K Yens -> $20, 20K-30K Yens -> $30 and so on. Fees for items below 10K have cheaper fees, and you can combine items from the same seller in the fees. I mean, if you purchase 2 35K items from the same seller you pay $70 in fees, not $80. Still, you have to add there the wire transfer for the seller and shipping within Japan and then the shipping for you. Never looked to any other deputies so i can't compare.

Their main advantage for my taste is that they set you your personal bidding account so you can bid, snipe and whatever as if you were using ebay. You have your personal ID (that can be sometimes good or bad). But of course YJ bills me around 300 Yens every month for having this account.

In the past i used to receive lots of freebie cels and also cel bags, and even many of those plastic cases used to put cels when you want to ship them. I never really knew if these "gifts" were given by celga or by the original seller. Probably a mix of both. Nowadays i just receive what i order, but it's also true that i purchase much less than what i used to do years ago. (The cel market has been dry these last 3-4 years for the series i collect).