Round around the Rosie......

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Round around the Rosie......

Post by kathpatty »

I again watch the ceIs I want get relisted from my Rinkya site with no decrease in price :ZzZz: . Lovely cels 8O but not worth the asking price.......
I am just waiting , waiting, waiting for a little decrease in price............

Has anyone else played this waiting game....? Outcome?
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Round around the Rosie......

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

I've always kind of wondered what the sellers pay to keep relisting things on Y!J. Some things seem to be up there for-absolutely-ever... and equally seem always listed for the same price they didn't sell at before. (Anyone remember "Cross Boy"? :D ) However, I've seen a couple things relisted with a reduced price. Just remember, when I say that, I can literally only think of TWO things.

Sadly, one of those two things is up there right now. I've been watching it about a year and a half and the seller just dropped the price, but now I'm short on spare cash. Boo... :(

--Drac
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Even worse than an unwavering price is one that actually goes up over time. Cross my heart, I've seen it happen. There's a cel on YJ that I've been casually admiring for quite a while, and its price has recently doubled! Not that I could afford it to begin with hehe, but it's even more disheartening to see the price climb so drastically. I wonder what would motivate a seller to do such a thing. I assume there must be a reason, but what's the logic behind a price-hike, especially on an item that wasn't selling to begin with? I guess they might be attempting reverse psychology, to make the item seem more valuable than it really is to attract a deep-pocket collector. The odds of selling it this way are low, however. I don't get it. :?

Just my approach, but I am an impatient person by nature, and I prefer not to play the waiting game when it comes to cels. Too disheartening. If the price isn't right, I move on. I may check occasionally, but for the most part I let it go. Then again, I haven't been collecting very long, so perhaps my attitude will chance once I discover that must-have piece on YJ. :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

There might have been a few times where the price is dropped below a certain point and two or more bidders bids it up again. And the item might have ended for 4/5 or more of the original asking price. And I remember waiting for price drop on an item that got relisted for nearly a year, in the end it got purchased by someone else, without discount. Then theres the random bidder putting up a bid at full price, all of sudden another bidder show up to jack up the price even further.
KinoLRB wrote: I assume there must be a reason, but what's the logic behind a price-hike, especially on an item that wasn't selling to begin with?
This seem to happen especially often with one particular seller I've seen. Maybe with the ridiculous hike comes a large price cut in the end($500 cut down to $100 might be more effective than $100 drop down to $50 I imagine), to make the item more attractive. That way people that had anticipation for the longest time would possibly bite. not a bad idea for the sellers that are able to sit on the items forever.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I think I was watching the same Doukyuusei 2 cels being paraded for at least five years before their price finally got reduced. They sold rather fast after that.

Eventually the price fell to less than half of the original price. Being that they were nice cels from the series they just about all sold. If they were only average quality cels they wouldn't have sold as quickly. Generally speaking, the older the anime series the less people there are that want to buy artwork from it. Many of the older fans already gotten what they wanted, moved on to other shows or have stopped collecting. Newer and/or younger collectors generally want artwork from more recent times. Older shows get pushed back into people's memories like silent movies.

But it's great to finally get what you've been looking at for several years or longer.