Seller with his own deputy l5ft4gw6k8

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Seller with his own deputy l5ft4gw6k8

Post by jcaliff »

So, having watched the auctions relisted over and over and over and over and over, has anyone ever tried buying anything from YJ seller l5ft4gw6k8? I know he doesn't allow the regular deputies, but has an email address in his auctions for his own deputy. Has anyone ever tried buying from him using that deputy? If so, were you successful in winning, paying for, and receiving your items?
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Seller with his own deputy l5ft4gw6k8

Post by teggacat »

jcaliff wrote:So, having watched the auctions relisted over and over and over and over and over, has anyone ever tried buying anything from YJ seller l5ft4gw6k8? I know he doesn't allow the regular deputies, but has an email address in his auctions for his own deputy. Has anyone ever tried buying from him using that deputy? If so, were you successful in winning, paying for, and receiving your items?

gosh I was wonderin' the same thing myself.............several cels I have been watching forever from
this seller, just never quite felt comfortable looking into it,
sure hope someone can shed some light!
:cheers
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

The Deputy service listed (nuruma@youngpostman.net) is Cats Hand's Agent. I've used them for a number of years and have been quite happy with them.

The seller though, I think they were previously known as kamisama4096 a few years ago, since their auction descriptions and some of the stock they've been listing seems to be the same.
When I contacted Nurama to bid on one of his auctions for me in 2010, he told me this:
I should tell you the one important thing about the seller.

The seller, kamisama4096, has his strange rule.

1) All biddings will be removed 3 minute before the finishing time.
An item is re-listed automatically. However it means the latest top
bidder won. Don't be worry. He contacts with a winner directly.
So see the final moment of the auction.

2) Sometimes, he contacts directly before an auction finishes.
When his item was re-listed item, a bidder can purchase an item
for a starting price.

He is a strange but a reliable man. Please wait for a while.
Anyway, the both of items maybe re-listed items. I guess you can purchase
them for starting prices.
I didn't quite understand it. But I remember the bids were all cleared from the auction in the last few minutes, and I won and received the item as the highest bidder.
Fireye
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Fireye »

Kasi wrote: 1) All biddings will be removed 3 minute before the finishing time.
An item is re-listed automatically. However it means the latest top
bidder won. Don't be worry. He contacts with a winner directly.
So see the final moment of the auction.

2) Sometimes, he contacts directly before an auction finishes.
When his item was re-listed item, a bidder can purchase an item
for a starting price.

He is a strange but a reliable man. Please wait for a while.
Anyway, the both of items maybe re-listed items. I guess you can purchase
them for starting prices.
Sounds like he's taking advantage of how Y!J does auctions. I would guess that by doing this, he avoids having to pay a percentage (or fixed rate, not sure how Y!J billing works) from the sale of the item to Yahoo.
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

I'm not sure how YJ billing is done either, but that does sound like it could be the case.
Since the change of name, I wonder if he was found out or still does this though. Hopefully someone else has had more recent experience with this seller :)
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Here's some interesting info I found about selling on YJ...

You cannot buy or sell on YJ unless you are a paying member.
Yahoo! Premium Monthly Plan: 399yen

Every item that you sell that wins will incur a percentage-based fee from YJ. That is their cut of your profit.
Successful Bid Usage Charge: 5.25% of ending price

I believe all fees are complied and charged directly to the user’s Yahoo! Wallet on the first of each month. The billing period is calculated from the 21st to the 20th of the following month.

If an auction must be cancelled, it has to be done between the 21st until the last day of the month or else fees will apply. The same goes for auctions between the first of the month until the 20th. Apparently no fees apply if the auction is simply cancelled. If an auction is cancelled with a bidder, however, the seller is charged 525yen. This could be why the seller deletes all bids before the auction is relisted automatically again. It also looks like the number of deletions in a single day is limited, but it’s not clear what that limit is.

Each item listed will incur a listing fee of 525yen.

Here are the pages where I got this information.

Usage Fees
http://www.yahoo-help.jp/app/answers/de ... 07#premium

Automatic Relisting
http://www.yahoo-help.jp/app/answers/de ... 0688/p/353

Deleting Bids
http://www.yahoo-help.jp/app/answers/de ... 0696/p/353
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

My honest opinion of this seller is that he/she is a scammer in some form -- they are obviously trying to take advantage of overseas buyers, and anyone actually going along with this scam is crazy, IMHO (and if they're cancelling bids and not allowing items to end normally... there's something wrong there, people!). I actually managed to buy a cel from the kamisama username with my regular deputy a long long time ago -- not sure how that one actually got completed, but not too long later, they completely banned all deputies and would cancel all bids. It's like they are just using YJ as a storefront for overseas buyers, so they can complete transactions off-site. You would think that that would constitute fee circumvention, but by Rekka's description, it's hard to say that's what they're up to. A large chunk of their stuff seems to get re-listed over and over and never sells (gee, wonder why?).

Side perspective -- I've actually sold on eBay to deputy services, and they've all been perfectly fine to deal with. I can't imagine the likes of Rinkya and SMJ being any different than these, so I have to wonder why this seller bans all deputies except their own (I'd almost bet money that the deputy is the same person or relative -- even if they try to tell you otherwise).

Just my 2 yen on the subject ... personally, I choose not to support business practices that I find shade or just totally disagree with, but that's just me!
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

'nuff said, I knew there was a reason, while I lurked and did admire several cels, that I kept steadfast
to be very clear of this seller, certainly not worth the hassle for an unusual if not "shady" selling practice,
thx Zero putting my sometimes jumbled thoughts to logical words, no one else really has issues with proxy bidders,
both on YJ and, as Zero pointed out, on ebay, as I too have sold to an overseas proxy buyer and its really not a big deal, just for this certain seller........... :?
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Seller with his own deputy l5ft4gw6k8d

Post by Kasi »

Maybe I'm missing something here, by how are they taking advantage of overseas bidders? Cat hand's deputy is one of the cheapest deputies last time I looked which is why I continued to use the service for years afterwards. I don't doubt they are related in some way to Kamisama though.

I don't feel crazy for buying from this seller either, why they run this way doesnt concern me, it was a one of a kind item, I paid for and got my item. That said, it was still a few years ago and I can't say they still run their auctions like this. The reason I posted was to clarify that I find the deputy listed reliable and trustworthy, but the seller may not be so straight forward, maybe they sell normally now, or maybe they have some new fishy way of running.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Seller with his own deputy l5ft4gw6k8d

Post by zerospace »

Kasi wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, by how are they taking advantage of overseas bidders? Cat hand's deputy is one of the cheapest deputies last time I looked which is why I continued to use the service for years afterwards. I don't doubt they are related in some way to Kamisama though.

I don't feel crazy for buying from this seller either, why they run this way doesnt concern me, it was a one of a kind item, I paid for and got my item. That said, it was still a few years ago and I can't say they still run their auctions like this. The reason I posted was to clarify that I find the deputy listed reliable and trustworthy, but the seller may not be so straight forward, maybe they sell normally now, or maybe they have some new fishy way of running.
How are they taking advantage? By forcing you to use the deputy they want you to use. Period. There's no good reason for this other than to provide profit to a particular deputy service (If it isn't the same person running the deputy, I would suspect a close relationship of some kind -- friend, family, business partner). This is a moral ambiguity, though, and is certainly something up to their discretion. Personally, I don't like doing business with people who set conditions like this, so I would choose not to deal with this seller. Do I think people are nuts for dealing with this seller for this reason? No.

The seller does NOT allow these auctions to end normally, as would happen with ANY deputy service other than their "preferred" service. Advantage to the seller: item "sells", but they only pay the listing fee and/or any other fees related to cancellation of bids. This is effectively using YJ as a storefront, but not paying YJ the fees for actually selling their items through the site, which they are clearly doing. THIS IS FLAT OUT WRONG! (no matter what way you slice it) eBay would ban a seller for doing this, without question. And, where on earth do you get to use a service, but not pay the fees for it?!

Do I think people are crazy for dealing with this seller when they do something like cheat YJ on a regular basis, almost flagrantly? Yep! I sure do. Because if they're shady enough to cheat YJ, who's to say they won't cheat you? What if you get the wrong cel in the mail? I hope you use a credit card and can dispute the charges, because if you pay any significant amount via any other means, you have ZERO protection against fraud. You have no deputy service to help you, because the one you are forced to use obviously has an arrangement with the seller & may or may not be of any help. Again: if this seller is willing to scam YJ, I would stay away. Far, far .... away. A practice that is clearly meant to avoid paying YJ fees (and benefit a particular deputy/partner/self/family member), suggests this person is not an honest one -- and by playing his/her game, you are putting a huge amount of trust in them -- trust they have absolutely not earned. As I said before, that's playing with fire IMHO, but you may disagree & that's perfectly fine. I'm just sayin'... most people who play with fire one day get burned...

Also, I believe this seller most certainly IS the same person behind the former kamisama username -- why? Because the text on every single listing is identical to the kamisama user's text, and the listings are the same (there is a particular cel from a series I collect that has been listed under 3 different usernames over the years now, all bearing that same deputy service nonsense text). I have never seen this from any other YJ seller in all my years of buying on YJ. Before the kamisama username, I believe there was another one ... just wish I could recall what it was at this point.

Anyways, I'm done on this subject ;). Sorry to have peed on anyone's cheerios, but this is one of those buyer beware things -- if you do choose to deal with this seller, make sure you have some form of protection against fraud. If you do and they have a cel you really want? Well... ganbatte is all I have to say. Personally, I'll steer clear ;).
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Once again, I don't know if they run their auctions the way the did a few years ago. They may, they may not. It's speculation unless you have someone who has dealt with this seller less than 4 years ago.
Personally I think you're thinking too much into it, any online transaction can run into fraud. If people want to steer clear, no problem there either. There was no way I was going to pass up this item, and everything went smoothly regardless, I'd be crazy if I didn't bid on it, because that's been my only chance since.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

http://jadeduo.rubberslug.com/gallery/i ... mID=370818

I actually dealt with this deputy and seller last year. There where no issues and I got this lovely piece above. I would definitely agree that this deputy is cheaper than most although obviously you have less control over how the bidding goes. But overall I was satisfied and it was a chance to pick up a very reasonably priced SSJ Goku.

Best of Luck!
Jadeduo
:jump