Things a collector hates to see...

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Things a collector hates to see...

Post by Jadeduo »

I confess! I bought it! It was in pristine condition, and I am super excited about it... I haven't said anything cause I thought the thread was dead, but I am hoping to do a huge CCS update after Christmas. I have, I think, 6 or 7 new CCS pieces that have been piling up, that need to be put in. However, right now I am focused on getting all the Loveless up and getting that wing of the gallery the way I want it. I am also planning on giving the gallery a face lift at the end of the year taking down the 10 year anniversary banner, and getting something up a little less colorful, I think I'm going to monochromatic this coming year for Gallery design. We shall see!

Keep on hunting!
JD
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations, JD. I'm glad that the cel was in better condition than it appeared to be from the scan, and especially glad that it's going to a curator who will take good care of it from now on.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks Sensei! It will be cherished, and re-united with it's Episode mates! All my Episode 65 stuff is in it's own book... If I acquire anymore episode 66 pieces I am going to need another book! @_@
Eric

Post by Eric »

You know what I hate to see? When a dream broly cel goes for 160K yen on Mandarake just to find it listed on eBay for double the price a week later.... :kaioken I ****ing hate flippers. Collecting cel's is a hobby and shouldn't be treated like a business. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331456047172?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Visit my gallery at RS :) eric.rubberslug.com
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

^ This has been happening for a long time.

The only thing you can do is speak with your pocketbook. People only buy to relist on E-bay because they know they'll make a profit. If you and others refuse to buy, these flippers will be stuck with merchandise they can't sell and will be forced to either lower the price or hold on to it.