Dollar to Yen rate

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Dollar to Yen rate

Post by majinuub »

I barely noticed that it's basically reverted back to how it was years ago. Just in time for the winter BWA too :D .
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Dollar to Yen rate

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Good for those outside of Japan, utter hell for those of us who live here and have to send payments back home. It cost me between $30-40 just to pay on my credit card at home. X|
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

gosh but i've been wondering when someone was going to comment on this……
its awesome!………even tho its making it real hard [okay basically impossible] to try and distance myself from
buying any more……..
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

So I was carious and looked up the historical dollar to yen rate, and apparently in the early 70s it was 300+ yen to dollar. Its too bad no Yahoo or Mandarake, or cel collecting hobby existed back then. Just imagine paying $30 for every 10000yen lol
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

So happy! ^_^ It makes things great for us over here, but poor Rekka! *Sends hugs*

JD
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

not to mention the sales tax and inflation hike... ughhh... just.... guuuuh... *dies*
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

And the Good times (well for those of us outside of Japan) are set to continue improving with the Japanese Central Bank announcing earlier in the week a 'soft' target of a JPY140 trade rate against the USD.
Japan entered into a 'technical' recession (the textbook definition of a recession is two negative quarters back-to-back of economic growth or GDP) last month when their GDP figures (Gross Domestic Product) for their third quarter were released and showed an unexpected decrease of over 7% (most economists predicting a very slight increase of under 1%) while the second quarter had earlier recorded a decrease of over 2%.
I am a fan of the current Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, but introducing a hike in the local consumption tax, from 5% to 8%, whilst you are trying to encourage people to spend domestically & support local businesses - was a stupid thing to do. He should have waited until the economy had shown definitive signs of improvement instead of pushing it through. Now the locals have another further hike in the consumption tax from 8% to 10% to look forward to early next year (unless Abe decides to delay it). Combined with an ageing population that is not being 'replaced' plus the country is over one trillion in debt, it would not surprise me if the Yen dropped below that 140 target level. 2015 will be a very interesting time for the Japanese economy as a whole.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Abe is a freaking idiot. I will never get out of debt.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Poor Rekka! *Hugs* We will root for you over here, and still take shameless advantage of the cel market ^_^ While it last anyways, things always turn around eventually it just takes time. The last few years haven't been so good over here, and are just starting to pick up in the last year or two! Chin up!

JD