Proxy Bidding Services

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Cherryblossom

Proxy Bidding Services

Post by Cherryblossom »

Heya Everyone :)

My query is the use of proxy bidding services for Yahoo Japan Auctions. I have never used one before but I have noticed lots of comments about others using them and wanted to know your reviews of them. I have come across Rinkya but as I am in the UK I would then be subjected to two lots of exchange rates which could make it more costly. Please help :?

Thank you!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Proxy Bidding Services

Post by JWR »

I personally use Rinkya for many years with no problems

I know that have Shopping Mall Japan also has a good reputation.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Rinkya.com, shoppinmalljapan.com, and celga.com are the most commonly used deputies that I know of. I would suggest you check and see which ones would have the cheapest fees for you to use. Rinkya has a special promotion which they waive the commission fee if the cel/sketch is 1,000 or less and their fees are better for higher priced auctions. SMJ has great fees when it comes to moderately priced auctions. As for celga I rarely if ever used them(my experience with them is just as good as the 1st 2 BTW) but I recall them giving you your own username/account on YJ to use. This is great for avoiding internal bid wars that occur between users.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

As a UK buyer too, I've used all three of the deputy services that Majinuub mentioned. I prefer SMJ because they usually give a couple more days to pay what's owed, Rinkya are strict on prompt payment, often within 24 hours of the auction ending.
In each case, it's best to compare the commission rates between each deputy and see where your purchase would fall. Shipping rates are very similar, I opt for SAL where possible because it's cheap and IF the package gets held up at Customs at least the clearance fee levied by Royal Mail/Parcelforce is £8 compared to £14 for fast, registered shipping.

I've happened across a couple of other deputy services but didn't like their terms & conditions; these top 3 are more user friendly.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...