Ever get outbid by the person selling something?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
bricks
Anime Geek

Ever get outbid by the person selling something?

Post by bricks »

So kinda weird but last week i bid on an item on yahoo auction and lost. It just got way to expensive and i conceded. Only me and 1 other person was bidding on the item. I was originally bummed but just today i saw the item was relisted for the exact same starting price from the person who was originally selling it. I'm not sure what happened. Did the other guy forfeit the item and not pay forcing the previous owner to relist or did the owner outbid me bc it wasn't high enough for him and relist? Anyone see stuff like this before?

One more thing, when i first saw the item last time there was 1 starting bid(this person didnt bid again, just the 1 bid) and today has the same person as the starting bid. does this seem shady to anyone?

Thanks!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Ever get outbid by the person selling something?

Post by JWR »

if you can post a link we can see whats going on. It might have had a "reserve" that if not met the auction closes with no sale even though there are bids. You might ask your deputy to check it out.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
bricks
Anime Geek

Post by bricks »

JWR

Post by JWR »

Reason the 1st sale was canceled & relisted might have something to do with this phrase in the description.
"Recent bid of new ID because it is seen mischievous bid by new ID should withhold. bid person., please be sure to take a look at the self-introduction column"

Could be that he will not sell to unestabished buyers without feed back.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
bricks
Anime Geek

Post by bricks »

Yeah that's a good point JWR. I was kinda confused by the wording. If i had to guess i bet that is what happend or maybe the other buyer didnt contact him. Thanks again
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I've spent an obscene amount of money this year buying from Kotetumaru off of YJ... They tend to have ALOT of Saiyuki and they update to YJ every week with new Genga sets as that seems to be their specialty. I can honestly say to date I've never had a problem with them and I have bought from them through multiple deputies so they are not anti-deputy. You should be able to get that set no problem!

Ganbatte ne!
JD
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
bricks
Anime Geek

Post by bricks »

whew ok thanks Jadeduo lol
under9000
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by under9000 »

i have also bought from that seller and didn't have an issue,

side note, how is Zenmarket? have you used them much? would you recommend?
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

I've been bidding on the Saiyuki sets too from this seller and a couple times I've run into an ID that seems to be bidding suspiciously. As if to just walk up my bid, but not to try to win. I've been trying to watch the ID since...
bricks
Anime Geek

Post by bricks »

under9000 wrote:i have also bought from that seller and didn't have an issue,

side note, how is Zenmarket? have you used them much? would you recommend?

Yeah i have used it a lot. I like it and the people are quick and helpful. It is the only one i have tried and ive never had an issue with them before. The fees are minimal and they always do tracking/signature on arrival stuff like that. Overall, id recommend.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Drac are you sure it's not me? ^_~ Sounds like we've been running into each other on the Saiyuki lots lately... Right now I've been working through my Loveless backlog, Saiyuki will be next... And the backlog on that is pretty epic... :emb

Most of the sets I have been bidding on have been Goku and Sanzo... if that helps ^_^
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I've been outbidded by a YJ seller on Mandarake who, many months later, put the sketch up for auction. Several months ago, there was a sketch on the BWA that was from Hiiro no Kakera, a reverse harem anime/game. The character was my least favorite of the franchise (I hate the guys who suffer from short man syndrome and try to overcompensate by being a white knight...they annoy me), so even though I am a fan of the artist, I couldn't convince myself to bid as much as I would had it been a character I like. I just recently saw the same sketch appear on YJ with a starting price of close to five times what it ended for on Mandarake. Said buyer/seller specializes in shikishi sales, so it's not as if this person bought something and then ran into financial difficulty.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Jadeduo wrote:Drac are you sure it's not me? ^_~ Sounds like we've been running into each other on the Saiyuki lots lately... Right now I've been working through my Loveless backlog, Saiyuki will be next... And the backlog on that is pretty epic... :emb

Most of the sets I have been bidding on have been Goku and Sanzo... if that helps ^_^
Hahahaha! Only if you're NOT trying to win. This ID seems to be doing the "walk slowly up until you find the max bid, then stop" routine. Which is annoying in itself, but they always wait until 30sec to go to do it again, so the auction extends and extends and extends... It really seems to be someone who is trying to be annoying and possibly shill bidding at the same time. However, since I have no real proof, I can only watch for and note the pattern and auctions then report it to my deputy and see what they have to say.

That said, we are probably stepping on each others toes, but I'm fine with it if you are. ^_^ We know who we can resell to, if we get tired of our sets! LOL
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LOL yes... it's prolly is me I tend to hem and haw and then bid at the last second... Sorry! ^_^;; It's how I roll when there are multiple auctions I'm interested in. If it gets to the top of my willingness to spend on one of them I then look at the auctions up and start inching slowly on the one I'm on the fence on while I wait for some of the others to end to kind of see how much I am looking at spending on that batch and these last few Sundays have been exhausting with 5-10 auctions I''m interested in ending all within minutes of each other.

I'm sure you are the one who ended up with the shirtless Sanzo that ended last weekend or was it the weekend before?... :( Congrats though! ^_^;;

And yes we do know who to call when we get sick of storing so much paper! ^_^

I finally got all my Loveless into books this weekend they'd been sitting in a drawer till now... So once I'm done with that I will start posting all the Saiyuki that I've gotten and it is an obscene amount so I'm sure you'll see some of the sets we butt heads on. I can't wait to see you update! BTW did you get the Sanzo holding a cat that was up back in September? I forgot to bid as I was at Yaoi-con :'( And was sad not to get him.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

No! That one didn't go to me, but I was definitely eyeing it and I lost the link so I didn't get to see the final bid on it. Tell me, did you get the Goku with bird one from a several weeks ago? I hope so, because then I can see it. I was trying desperately to bid on that one during church (on my iPhone, held behind a hymnal) and lost it too. ~_~ But I can't complain too loudly, as I got most all the others I wanted that week -- including the Kami-sama short pan one, which is now my favorite image I've seen of him. (And it WAS fun to see my mother almost have technicolor kittens right there when she saw me bidding on the phone in church. *snicker-giggle*) ^_^

I must have missed the one of Sanzo with the cat! I probably would have gone for it. Boo to letting my vigilance lapse! 8O

I've been thinking more and more about putting up a gallery very briefly, but still remain gallery-less. I don't know how to avoid search engine bots looking for images.