ShoppingMallJapan - Items now go to Tokyo.

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

ShoppingMallJapan - Items now go to Tokyo.

Post by Pixel »

I thought all users of ShoppingMallJapan should know, I found this on the Information page.
SMJ Information Page (snippet) wrote: ...All your purchases go to our office in Tokyo which allows you to store and combine your purchases for fast, efficient, and well protected shipping options of your choice.

Here's where you can read the full quote-

http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com/#/information

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just wanted to let people know about it. I put this in its own thread so people who haven't kept up with my thread about trying out deputies could read it.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: ShoppingMallJapan - Items now go to Tokyo.

Post by Animechaos »

Was a bit of an abrupt change, but the old benefit from the batch system we used just isn't there anymore. We certainly don't want to overcharge on shipping so we made a quick decision to changeover.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: ShoppingMallJapan - Items now go to Tokyo.

Post by Pixel »

Since this is my first time, I didn't get to try the old system. A couple of regular SMJ shoppers were expressing surprise to see their items being stored in Japan. I was just letting them know that it was indeed noted on your website about the change.

The USPS has gotten rather mercenary in it's shipping charges as of late. Though when the service is right, they can move a domestic non-express package surprisingly fast.