YJ Buyers getting bullish on CCS

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: YJ Buyers getting bullish on CCS

Post by sensei »

Darn. I'd hoped some of those would come to RS. Maybe a Japanside party made an offer that the seller could not resist? Or someone made trouble about "national treasures"? Anyhow, good luck in the near future! And watch out for "transistor radio + wishbone" [同人], which with "celga" [セル画] = "fancel" (though to be sure "grumpy Sakura" was not so labeled).
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I've been talking to a lot of people mostly CCS is just hitting China for the first time, this is why prices are going so derpy, like the Episode 61 Cel of Touya and Mirror Sakura that went for $400, wouldn't have gone for more than $50, 5 years ago. Just going to have make sure you are bidding your best when things come up and if you lose oh well. I went through this with both SM and DBZ things always come around.
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

A beautiful cel, to be sure, but I was not expecting that ending price!
sensei

Post by sensei »

Very pretty: I have the A20 from this cut :evilblk (it's Sakura's last use of Windy in the Second Movie, just before Void/Nothing snatches this last card from her). Mine did go pretty high for CCS cels at that slack time, about half the price of this one. But being a movie cel and a unique cut (not the bank that was used in the TV series), it was worth a premium price. Also, it's one that shows this card's feminine identity more clearly than most, which could account for the price. (There was a layer of swooshies that come across the screen during most of the cut that preserve the proprieties for the kiddies. I have the B1 of these too.)
transatlantique

Post by transatlantique »

Sellers are getting a little too optimistic with their pricing. I'm seeing stuff from the latest Mandarake auctions for 4-5x what they paid Mandarake for.
Always collecting: Cardcaptor Sakura & Sailor Moon